first time didn't go so well.

I exercised and train before I left didn't make a big deal gave him his peanut butter bone, left the tv on crated him next to my other dog. Didn't make a big deal ignored him and left. I listened for a few mins and heard quiet and just left.

Came back about an hour and a half later he was barking had gotten a hold of my drapes pulled them in the crate and off the window the crate tray was half way out of the crate. As soon as I walked in he was quiet .

I didn't make a big scene coming in put my grocery away he was quiet.

I'm now having major anxiety bc I have to go out tonight and will be gone longer. I'm hoping it's something he wI'll get used too. I moved his crate away from the wall and window took all his blankets out bc I'm afraid he will shred it all and then obstruct. I had him out for an hour and a half and did half hour training when I got home.

I just don't want him hurting himself. Least my neighbors arnt that close to hear him bark.

Right now I'm in the living room and he went in and passed out in his crate.

Oh I really hope it improves soon. I am amazed that you kept your calm when you walked in the door.

Please keep us posted.

Ah, hope he settles down soon. It's stressful for you as well as him. Sending good thoughts.

I acted like it wasn't a big deal he played outside hardcover with my friends son for about an hour on top of the hour and a half play time I gave him and 45 min training session plus I did another half hour training session with him. I gave him his peanut butter bone then left. My husband came home and he was fine nothing destroyed yay progress!!!!

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sheltieluver For This Useful Post:

Charlotte K. (11-23-2014), Doreen Davis (11-23-2014)

Senior Dog

House Broken
    How stressful! Sounds like you did exactly the right things in exactly the right way. I hope he settles down soon for you. Keep doing what you are doing.

Good news he's getting better. Left him at home today my husband came home and said he was sleeping. He was alone for maybe 3 hours. Him and Gauge were playing all morning so that must have tired him out.

I think he's a little less anxious bc he know has a routine and he's getting alot more exercise not only outside but playing with Gauge and training sessions.

He loves his peanut butter bones and only gets them when I leave and he has to be crated. I ignore him the first 15 mins I'm home and make him wait and settle before he's allowed out of his crate.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sheltieluver For This Useful Post:

Charlotte K. (11-25-2014)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos