whole Earth Farms

I'm trying to find a food to switch Benelli to. I don't want to upset his system to much. He was being fed crap at the rescue whatever was donated beniful, dog chow you name it.

I got a free bag of proplan sport but he has become very itchy since switching him. I usually try to find foods withough corn. He also needs to gain some weight.

I picked up a bag of whole earth farms puppy formula has anyone fed this. He's not picky just wanted feed back on the food. I've always liked Merrick fed my other dogs the gf salmon but all others gave them diah.

We arnt sure how old Benelli is vet thinks 9 months rescue told me a year. I was going to feed the puppy then switch to the adult if continues to do well on it.

SHould I keep him on the puppy for a little longer Mayne 2 bags?

One big concern for me for a Lab pup would be that Merrick does NOT list the calcium/phosphorus ratio on their website. If that is off on a kibble fed Lab, you could be increasing his chances of orthopedic issues. Their old formula was not appropriate about 3 years ago. Email them and ask about that. Ask for their mineral content and Ca/P ratio.

I have used Merrick chicken grain free as part of what I fed Cavaliers. They changed the formulas, had recalls over and over again on their treats, got caught having labels that misrepresented what was in their canned food, and have mostly lost me as a customer.

I would think all the changes in his recent life, including vaccines, neutering, and becoming a house dog, along with shedding his puppy coat, might have more to do with his scratching than the food. Also, weren't you frustrated with cat fleas just a month ago? The eggs may still be hatching out. That new flea population would make him scratch before his flea meds kill them.

Consider a Purina formula or using Annamaet grain inclusive formulas since it is a PA food, and great for growing out medium to large breeds!
    Last edited by Charlotte K.; 11-25-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sheltieluver View Post
    I'm trying to find a food to switch Benelli to. I don't want to upset his system to much. He was being fed crap at the rescue whatever was donated beniful, dog chow you name it.

I got a free bag of proplan sport but he has become very itchy since switching him. I usually try to find foods withough corn. He also needs to gain some weight.

I picked up a bag of whole earth farms puppy formula has anyone fed this. He's not picky just wanted feed back on the food. I've always liked Merrick fed my other dogs the gf salmon but all others gave them diah.

SHould I keep him on the puppy for a little longer Mayne 2 bags?
    The Whole Earth Farm puppy dry only has 12% fat. That is going to be a bit lean for him since he needs more fat to gain weight and have good skin and coat, as well as finish growing. You may wish to compare the calories of the two foods.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos