Yuck!!!!! I won't eat that!!!!!

Yuck!!!!! I won't eat that, it is slimy and disgusting.

Whose lab has had this reaction to a raw turkey neck?

I broke the neck in half so my girls could share. Cedar thought it was the best thing ever and Zola had zero idea what to do with it and didn't really want to touch - I should have left her alone to try, but tosed it over to Cedar who crunched it down in no time at all.

Senior Dog
    I'd tried some raw with previous Labs....Hershey and Honey....when we had to get Honey off kibble (seizures). Neither of them would touch any of it (I'd tried turkey necks and beef liver...forget if I tried anything else; it was the liver that Honey was supposed to be getting specifically....I ended up cooking it).

I don't think either of the two I have now would be interested.

Turkey isn't common around here so he's never had it. However, Bobby would gobble it down like a chicken neck.
    Hidden Content

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Anonymous

Cooked giblets are a favorite here.

Tried giving Archie banana yesterday, no go. Mardi got a double serving.

Senior Dog
    I have heard that sometimes, perhaps not very often, dogs that have only ever eaten processed food can do this. They will only eat in a very restricted/fussy way. Another reason to introduce lots of different foods while they are young.

My dogs love raw chicken necks (can't get turkey necks here). If my dogs refused to eat them then I would suspect they were off/bad and throw them in the garbage.
    Trudy 6/16/11
    Gracie 6 years DSH cat
    Lily Lou rescue foster 2/10/14

Tried to give Hammer a piece of venison liver... He was throwing it and swinging it around and spitting it out. Ate it when we weren't looking. What a goof ball
    Hidden Content
    Herding Hanson the Handsome~born 11/28/2018
    Hammer Head Shark~forever in my heart 1/13/2011-4/30/2018
    Hidden Content

Daisy got one today. She didn't know what to do with at first and then she got into it and it disappeared quickly!
    We also gave my brother's cairn terrier puppy a little piece. She devoured i!t
    Katie and Aric (7/1/17) Hidden Content
    Whoops-a-Daisy B. 1-26-13 Gotcha 8-25-13
    Jett B 8-17-17, Gotcha 10-7-17

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”
    —Hidden Content (author,Hidden Content )

Oban's look of disbelief was more along the lines of, "Really? I can eat this? You're letting me? Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy." But he's had bits of raw this and that all along as treats. He wouldn't eat the kidney last time though he did before.

What I can't get over is how BIG the ones from the raw supplier are. Way bigger than anything that ever came stuffed into the cavity of any turkey I ever bought for Thanksgiving or Christmas.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

furballs (11-27-2014)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos