Hylasport dosage?

So based on advice from JenC I ordered Hylasport from PupSup. Cant say if it works as I still have Max restricted from long romps in the forest which were leading to limps in is front legs.

However I was pleasantly surprised to see PupSup used a snack size Famous Amos cookies as packing filler instead of those annoying foam peanuts. Anyone experience something similar? Or did i receive someone's lunch ?

Also a question about dosage. Max is about 55 pounds, Scarlett 79 pounds. Would it be reasonable to give Max 2 small scoops using the "medium breed" dose recommended on the container? I've been giving Scarlett 1 large scoop using the large breed guidelines.

Scarlett at 5 to 6 years old now jumps over 3 foot gates, out of my truck and down a half flight of stairs. I dont encourage the jumping but find it amazing for her size and background. A year ago when she joined our family she could barely walk up stairs!
    -- Ken, owned by:

Max - Black Lab mix gotcha 4/23/2012 Born 12/2011
    Scarlett - Yellow Lab gotcha 4/19/2013 Born 2008? 2007?
    Lizzy - Terrier mix gotcha 6/29/2014 Born 2006?
    Zeus - Papillon mix gotcha 1/30/2015 Born 3/26/2014

Avatar: Ziggy, my kitty who crossed the bridge a few years ago.
    He slept in the sink for years, silly boy.
    Hidden Content

I started giving Chili 1 heaping tablespoon a day, cant remember what the exact dosages are suppose to be this moment.
    Amateur pet owner
    Hidden Content
    Chili born 7/21/2013

I think that probably works just fine. If Max has problems, I might do the full large dosage. If you are just hoping to prevent anything, what you are doing is just fine. Maddy was 70 and Hudler is 100, and I did 1 large scoop for each. I don't have anyone smaller than that though. It would make sense though.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos