Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    House Broken

Oh Salem, you didn't!

The Grandkids were here for Thanksgiving, they spent a few hours making a snowman, carefully crafting stick arms, a carrot nose, pennies for the eyes and a red licorice whip for the mouth....after dinner the pups were fed and well, they always go for a quickie run in the fenced back yard with supervision. The snow really got Salem all fired up, she butt tucked but came to a dead stop when she noticed the snowman, it set her off balance, she's never seen one of those things before...well don't you know it, she jumped up[ in mid air and stole the carrot off the snowman and munched it down like it was the only thing she had to eat in hours. So she comes in, she's so proud of defending her yard. Later, my son takes the girls out in the yard, it's getting dark, Salem is butt tucking and in the process she snaps up the snowman's right twig arm and promptly snaps it into several pieces. Really Salem...it's only a snow man! Potty run at bedtime, Salem snuck the other twig arm...and for breakfast she stole the licorice whip mouth. Anyone else have a lab that picks on snowmen?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marmot For This Useful Post:

bett (12-01-2014), Charlotte K. (12-02-2014), Georgie (11-30-2014), kimbersmom (11-29-2014), MikeLynn (12-03-2014)

I can just see it. Hope the Grandkids were not too upset? Did you get a photo of it? And, where did the pennies end up?

Every year I build a couple of snowmen just so the dog can brutalize them; Jet and now Oban. Oban goes a step further, adding insult to injury by peeing on it. I know better than to put real food on it. Not even stones for eyes in case they get swallowed.

Now that's one fun snowman! Worse ours have done is pee on it.

Senior Dog
    So funny - that would have been great to be there! I love watching labs crazy antics when they butt tuck and are full of joy!
    Trudy 6/16/11
    Gracie 6 years DSH cat
    Lily Lou rescue foster 2/10/14

LOL! Funny story...

Senior Dog
    very funny.

our carrot two years ago was swiped also.

Very funny! We haven't had enough snow for a snowman but I wonder what Mocha would do?

House Broken
    I grabbed the pennies right after she stole the carrot nose. Thank goodness the Grand children didn't see it after Salem got to it. That poor snowman melted today, it's a little clump on the ground. No yellow snowmen here, no male pups.

Hahaha!! We don't get enough snow here for him to try.

Snowmen bother Shadow -- he doesn't know what to make of them and barks at everyone we come across.

A few years ago, someone crafted a snow-bear in a nearby park. Shadow growled, barked and pushed me away from the "bear". He wouldn't let me near it! I was laughing so hard that the mailman delivering across the street stopped to watch and joined in on the merriment. We continued our walk with Shadow looking over his shoulder and growling at the bear. When we returned, Shadow snuck up behind the bear, sniffed it and finally bit it on its butt. He was rather shocked at the cold snow that ended up in his mouth but he was finally finished with defending me from the terrifying "bear".

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos