Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ready to jump in again...

Wow. It's been such a long time since I've visited the board... between the move, DH's cancer diagnosis, losing Maddie, possible shoulder surgery in my near future and then an Internet provide with ridiculous data caps... sigh. I know I've missed a whole lot, trying to catch up as best I can.

But we're seriously looking at jumping back into the puppy world. (why? I don't know, we're just suckers for those cute little faces and it's a bit lonely with just four paws running around). We're hoping to pick up a yellow female in June, as we have set aside our schedules to work with her.
    But we've been out of the puppy world for so long.... looking for a breeder on the East Coast as we will not fly a dog. Any help would be appreciated... of course, PM me if you've got any suggestions. Looking for a hunter/field trialer, American (not the blocky English - not that there's anything wrong with that, it's just not our preference) and of course, all the clearances, including the latest genetic tests.

thanks!
    Paula

Senior Dog
    Good for you. Best of luck

Welcome back and we look forward to seeing your new addition when it arrives.

Senior Dog
    I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Maddie...is that the lovely girl in your Avatar?

Good luck in your search for the new puppy..looking forward to seeing her when she arrives.

Hi and glad to see you back here! I'm glad things have progressed to the point that you're ready to welcome a new pupster. I don't know of any breeders that meet your specifications but I hope someone can "hook you up". Even when you know what getting a puppy involves, it can still be a bit of a shock to the system, but such a fun time. Good luck with your search for the right pup.

I've always loved your avatar photo also, such a special picture.
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

Thanks, all... I'm looking forward to being back on the board!

The avatar is my first Lab, Brooks... it seems like just yesterday, but that photo was probably taken almost 20 years ago. Hard to believe since I'm not that old

This has been such an education... not having been on a puppy hunt in 10 years, there's so much more to think about... an alphabet soup of genetic tests and the Internet! We really didn't have that for our first three pups. I'm trying to keep it simple, though. No use trying to overthink things.

:-)
    paula

Hi, Paula. You've certainly had a lot going on... I'm so sorry to hear about your losing Maddie. We just went through that last month, and like you, jumped into the puppy world again. As someone else said, even though you have gone through it before, nothing really prepares you for having your whole world thrown upside down again. In a good way, of course! I don't have any breeder suggestions for you, but wish you luck in finding your new addition!

If the field pedigree is what you are seeking, take a look at the RTF for classifieds as well as information on the newer gene tests: RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF
    If you are on Facebook, there are Hunting retriever litter pages there too.
    Hidden Content
    The WindyCanyon Girls (taken Summer 2018)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Northern Spy CDX RA JH OA OAJ CC (14.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Ruby Pink BN CD RA CC (4.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Kanzi BN CDX RE JH (5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon ItsOnlyMoneyHoneycrisp BN RN CC (16mos)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Pippin BN RI CC (2.5 yrs)
    IntCH WindyCanyon's Envy CDX RE JH CC (10.5 yrs)
    IntCH HIT WindyCanyon's Kiku A Fuji Too CDX RE JH CC (10 yrs)

Welcome back. We lost our 3 girls all this year. We have entered the puppy world and I thought I was not going to make it. It's so "easy" when they're seniors!

there is a breeder in Cape Cod who does field and for the life of me I can't remember the name but I'll find it and P M you. It's a bit of a hike so you may not be interested.

Senior Dog
    I love your avatar photo too!

Good luck and looking forward to seeing your new puppy photos!
    Trudy 6/16/11
    Gracie 6 years DSH cat
    Lily Lou rescue foster 2/10/14

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos