Feeling kind of mad

As many of you know I was so excited to start fostering dogs I've done litters of kittens for years and wanted to start doing dogs too.

I was also looking for a lab or lab mix in the process. I told the rescue person that when she first came over with lacie. The time I had lacie I felt like she was pushing her at me to take. Lacie was a great little dog but not what I was looking for. I also told her I wanted a male and she said she wouldn't adopt me a male bc I had 4 already and I needed to mix it up.

I'm not a novice dog owner I've worked closely with behaviorist worked in the vet tech field run a kennel and doggie playtime. She came to my house maybe 15 mins and claimed my dogs were to crazy when i literally just walked in the house from work of course they were excited. Plus she brough lacie in right away in thier yard while they were stI'll excited instead of letting me walk then first. I felt I was judged on first impression.

After I got Benelli she told me that she can't let me foster anymore bc I have too many when the neighbor fosters for her she has 5 dogs all are not trained and yappy and then they have the dog aggressive Pitbull they can't control but bc they are friends she still lets her foster.

I guess this is more of a vent. I really want to rub in her face how great gauge and Benelli get along. I've had multiple males for years and no aggression issues.

Sorry you are having such a rough time. There are many rescues looking for good foster homes maybe check out your area for another rescue you can work with and will work with you.
    Hidden Content

Coleman - CGC blk lab 6/02/97-2/25/08 adopted
    Tootsie - choc lab 10/19/99-8/03/13 adopted
    Bailey - CGC newf/fc 7/12/00-07/15/14 rescued
    Ginger - BT 11/16/05 - 10/14/19 rescued
    Sarah - blk lab 6/22/06 - 12/30/19 rescued
    rescued felines - AJ - 8/00 - 1/11, Merlin - 5/20/05-8/23/21
    Tucker - 8/3/10, Penny - 7/7/13, Toby - 6/14/21

So sorry. She should have known better. There are so many rescues begging for fosters, I'm sure you will find one much better to work with.

It doesn't seem like she's a very good rescue person. Dump her and find someone else. There is a group out there that would love a person like you.

I agree, there are many great groups looking for good foster homes like yours. I would bet a bit of research will find you the right group to work with that would be greatful for your love and knowledge. Don't let one judgemental person turn you off!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

I put in an application for a lab rescue see if I have any luck. I know all rescue people arnt like that. Just upset me how she judged me and my dogs in the 10 mins she was at my house. She didn't even know how to introduce them correctly.

Woukd have loved it if she came over the other night when I was in the yard playing with the dogs and the neighbor left his dogs out. Tango launching himself at the fence th em yelling at him and the others barking. My guys could care less they were there they just wanted me to throw th ier ball. Neighbor didn't even let them out for 5 mins before they took them in bc they wouldn't
    stop.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos