Thread: Puppy Heeling

House Broken

Puppy Heeling

In another tread I was asked for a video of training my puppy to heel. Thought I'd share a video from about a month ago....I wish I had something more recent!

In this video, my boy is 10 months old. I'm working really hard to keep his energy and drive up. In this video, I asked him to heel a bit too long, he has a hard time maintaining a cadence for this long. I'm ok with that, he tries very hard and I've got years to get the precision I'm looking for.

He has really come a long way in the past month so I'll try to get more video soon. We are working hard on getting nice turns and maintaining this drive in more complex heeling patterns.

He's a very fun boy. He has a super obedience foundation, we are working in agility and he is pretty far along in his field foundations. He got his WC at 6 months but we will be running hunt tests next year for sure. Can't wait!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to indybindy For This Useful Post:

beth101509 (12-13-2014)

House Broken
    -2014-11-09-16-20-03-jpg
    and....a pic of the string bean at 10 months

Look at that energy. I bet most of us would find that challenging. You are doing a wonderful job of keeping him happy and keen to work. Love to see more. Thanks.

Excellent job of working with a very energetic puppy. Love see the enthusiasm and joy while working and learning. You've done an excellent job - KUDOS to both of you.

House Broken
    Thanks all! He is really run, I'll try to get some updated video of him soon!

Wow, love the enthusiasm! How did you build that drive and eagerness to learn?
    Hidden Content

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Anonymous

Senior Dog
    Oh what a good boy full of eagerness! Congratulations to you both!
    Trudy 6/16/11
    Gracie 6 years DSH cat
    Lily Lou rescue foster 2/10/14

He is looks awesome. I cannot wait to see him at agility trials!!! Where are you doing you hunt training? I am wanting some kind of official training in that. Btw, Lab Nationals is at Purina Farms this coming year, totally drivable from MN. You can do agility, obedience and a hunt test. We are doing the agility and maybe the JH test - all she needs to learn is to pick up a duck. At least 3 of us agility lab people from here are going.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos