Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's your Lab's favorite game?

Tucker's at the moment is: Throw the toy down the stairs, making all possibly noise, run down and get it, bring it back up, and repeat until Mommy goes nuts. Should be any minute now...

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SnappinSami For This Useful Post:

Bamps (12-16-2014), Jollymolly (12-11-2014)

Archie is similar. Throw the toy the length of the living room, hall and bathroom, he retrieves squeaking it like crazy, and waits for the next throw. We have a lineup of about 5 toys that he knows the names of and will pick up the one I ask for. As he tires, he retrieves half way and drops it, waiting for the next throw, making a pile in the middle of the hall. Stinker.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Jollymolly (12-11-2014)

Rio loves playing "Alarm Clock". Especially on Saturday/Sunday morning when I sleep later than during the week.

Zoey loves to play tug and keep away.

Real Retriever
    Inside games: Besides anything to do with "is it 4:00 yet?" (feeding time/food in general) is hide and seek. Or basically having to find anything and bring it back. She will instigate it herself, if she needs activity. If I am sitting, she will go and get something, dropping it on my lap or next to me. If I ignore her, I get the stare for 5 or 10 seconds then she runs off to get something else. When I end up with everything available I go and scatter them around the house and we start again.

For outside favorite games... The lake, pond or river. She has a 'special stick' at each one. When we arrive she will RUN, grab it and RUN to the water. Everyone knows sticks like to go swimming! She would prefer if I throw it in the water, but will keep herself happy running around and taking the stick swimming. I need to add these are never normal dog sized sticks. They are large branches or logs. The kind that take two arms to pick up and I can only toss them maybe... 10' or so. When it is time to go, she carries the stick back to the car and drops it. I toss it in the woods and it is ready and waiting for our next visit.

Bobby adores "keep away." He also enjoys games of "find it" when I hide meat around the backyard. He isn't much of a retriever though unless I've got a new toy.
    Hidden Content

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Anonymous

Hammer likes the "I'm gonna bark and look out the window and when you check there will be nothing" game. Or there is the "I'm gonna bring you all my toys and leave them in your lap until you play with me"
    Hidden Content
    Herding Hanson the Handsome~born 11/28/2018
    Hammer Head Shark~forever in my heart 1/13/2011-4/30/2018
    Hidden Content

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HammerLover For This Useful Post:

doubledip1 (12-11-2014)

Maxx loves any type of "hunt" games, hide and seek, etc as well as retrieving. Emma loves to retrieve, she is practically tireless.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Luna's absolute favorite game is burying herself in the snow until you're seriously so terrified because you can't find her that you're about to call 911, and then she pops out and jumps into your arms and wiggles everywhere.
    Hidden Content
    Sarah, human
    Luna, born 6/14/13, gotcha 8/18/13 and TDI certified 5/12/2015
    Comet, born 4/3/15, gotcha 6/9/15
    Double Dip, 25 y/o Draft/Welsh pony
    Gracie, 17 y/o DSH cat
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Another favourite of Bobby's is, "Open-the-door-I-want-to-go-out-wait-nevermind-I-changed-my-mind-let-me-in."

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Halcyon For This Useful Post:

doubledip1 (12-11-2014), Georgie (12-11-2014), Murphy's Mommy (12-15-2014), Woodrow_Woodchuck (12-11-2014)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos