Thread: Pouting

Post Pouting

Does anyone else's dog pout? Oliver is a HUGE pouter. Yesterday, I wouldn't help him up on the couch, mainly because he can get up himself and chooses not to and wants me to pick him up. After I wouldn't pick him up, he went in his kennel and just stared at me like, "fine, I will sit over here instead".

This morning he grabs his bone and tries to jump up on the couch by running under our living room table that he is getting too tall to fit under and smacks his head on the table. He then drops his bone and goes and sits by the front door like I was the one that did it to him and not him running into the table himself. He is so dramatic.

Is this a lab trait or a puppy trait?

-img_1627-jpgHere he is "punishing" me for not helping him up on the couch.
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Haha, what a character! It might just be a puppy/Lab trait which he might eventually outgrow when he gets over the fact that you aren't going to lift him up. Bobby has never done this himself though.
    Hidden Content

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Anonymous

I don't know if its a lab trait but Zoey is a big pouter! She kills me with her eyes. She also grumbles and roos at me when she is feeling neglected

Ive never owned a dog that behaves like she does, she is definitely a drama queen

Not as much with the seniors, but they will pout on occasion.

Not a lab thing. My dachshund groans and pouts when she doesn't get her way!

Real Retriever
    I just got one tonight from Sunshine. She had been out a few times this evening and I was settling to work on the computer. She comes over with the "I NEED to go out look." She was just out 10 minutes ago. I told her No, I'm not playing the in and out game. She stared at me for 5 or 10 seconds then turned and walked a few feet away. I get the head turning back to look at me, with the obligatory ears down and sad eyes. I shook my head 'no'. She went and laid on her pillow and I get the BIG sigh and she laid down and stared at me.

She can make me feel so guilty! I get to thinking, what if she really does have to go? I tell her OK, and she POPS up and jumps around.. YEAH!!! OUTSIDE OUTSIDE!!! Let her out and she stands on the porch, looking around then comes right to the door waiting to come back in. I was dumb enough to fall for the old in and out game.. AGAIN!

The groan and the sigh! How could I have forgot about those? He does this grumble sound when I ignore him long enough as he starts to lay down...drama king!
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos