Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Puppy

Where'd You get your Dog's ID Tags?

Sorry i tried searching this on the forum but it kept saying my keywords were too common....

Anyway both my dog's ID tags are wearing out and need to be replaced pretty soon(like as soon as possible probably) and was just wondering if anyone has any good places they can recommend.
    The last time i got an ID tag was from Petsmart for my hound and i'm not overly impressed by the way it's lasted to be perfectly honest. The phone number and info on it started to wear off very fast and now it looks like a big smudge that is not very legible. Then my lab's tag is from England and it's still legible but is wearing down. Anyway can anyone recommend some good places or websites that do dog tag/collar id/id tags... whatever you want to call them?
    Also just out of curiosity, how often do you guys replace your dogs tags?

Thanks

My Petsmart tags are holding up very well. They come with that clear, rubbery sticker to put over the etched area so it does not get rubbed and worn. They are slim and light weight which I like. And they are fast and easy. I have bought extra tags when leaving a dog with someone so that it has their phone number on it. then swapped back to the regular tag when I returned.
    Hidden Content

Instagram: SAM.AVA

Ours came with our Cabelas Collar and it was engraved at the store. Love it!
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

I only use Boomerang Tags' collar tags. Their tags are easy to put on the collar, and very durable.

Jake once got a nail caught in the little loop on a regular tag and since then I've only used tags that are affixed to the collar itself. I tried using leather collars with the metal engraved tag riveted on, but those flexed enough to break after a short time.

Boomerang Tags
    Hidden Content Theo 8/14/14

A brass bar came pop rivetted right onto his collar. I recycled that to the next collar. The two tags came from the Vet for rabies and the Twp. for his license. The Twp. renews licenses, and thus tags, annually. Plus, there's his ear tattoo.

I vote for boomerang tags also. They have a lifetime warranty for replacement of a tag with the same info as the original, can be easily taken on and off to wash the collar, and they don't dangle or jingle. Chase is 8 years old, we've had his boomerang tag for at least 6 years, and it's as legible as it was the day we got it. I had ones made for the beach house we always go to also. I put my address on the tag along with phone numbers- some people don't think that's a good idea, but whatever gets my dog back to me the quickest, that's what I'm going to do.
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

Another vote for the Boomerang tags. Love them! We use a slide on Boomrang tag for Sam's swim collar and have a large round stainless steel one on his everyday collar. I also always wear a St. Francis medal on my dog's collar. Sam has this one right now and it's a pretty tag. Luxepets St Francis Charm Large, White:Amazon:Pet Supplies
    Hidden Content
    Sam and Frank

Another vote here for Boomerang!

Tux has a boomerang tag. Going on five or so years now. If you want something fun, check out Aggie's Anvil. Locally owned (to me) business, a friend of mine apprentice's there and assists with making the tags. Very good quality and service. Her FB page is below, I think she currently takes orders there or via email. A lot of my local dog friends are good personal friends of the owner (Andrea).

https://www.facebook.com/AggiesAnvil?ref=br_rs

I buy the engraved plates that rivet onto the collars. I just buy them wherever I can find them, typically see them at feed stores.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos