Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I hope I'm wrong

My friend who lost her lab a few weeks ago husband went out and got her a lab puppy without her knowing. Obviously a backyard dog bit what done is done.

I worry now BC Gracie was very calm for a lab never chewed was just a really good calm puppy. She also had heart issue so her activity was limited.

I'm worried that one she's not ready for another dog and she will compare this dog to her old one. Their yard isn't real big and she works a lot. She said she's sending her to me for training. I don't know if she knows what she is in for. I hope I'm wrong and they are willing to put the work and exercise into her.

Maybe its because I spend so much time with my dogs exercising making sure they are tired and happy I always feel bad for the dogs that people just let out to do their business and let them back in.

Senior Dog
    i hope so too.

Having gone from no activity to activity plus, I hear ya.

Wishing the best for the new pup. Does not seem like a great situation.

I hope they can deal with the puppy terror. I raelly hope they are ready

Prayers that it works out well!

Hoping the puppy is a real lab prodigy, and everything's smooth and easy. Fingers crossed.
    Hidden Content
    Lynn 5/17/1999 - 7/23/2013
    You shall never be forgotten, my friend

Mel *6/14/2013
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hoping everything works out!
    Hidden Content

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Anonymous

Thanks everyone. I really hope that I am wrong. My husband got Gauge and just brought him home. I never had a lab but have been around them most that come in are poorly trained and super anxious/hyper I dedicated every moment to making sure he was exercised and happy but alot of people dont. They get tired after they grow out of the cute stage they sit in the house and are just let out for walks.

She told me she wasn't ready for another puppy so that makes me worry. Thanks for the good thoughts my fingers are crossed too I'm not ready for lab number 3 yet and you all know I would take it in a heartbeat if it became to much for them.

Quote Originally Posted by sheltieluver View Post
    My friend who lost her lab a few weeks ago husband went out and got her a lab puppy without her knowing. Obviously a backyard dog bit what done is done.

I worry now BC Gracie was very calm for a lab never chewed was just a really good calm puppy. She also had heart issue so her activity was limited.

I'm worried that one she's not ready for another dog and she will compare this dog to her old one. Their yard isn't real big and she works a lot. She said she's sending her to me for training. I don't know if she knows what she is in for. I hope I'm wrong and they are willing to put the work and exercise into her.

Maybe its because I spend so much time with my dogs exercising making sure they are tired and happy I always feel bad for the dogs that people just let out to do their business and let them back in.
    It sounds as though she has the right friend with whom to commiserate, since Guage was something similar, a surprise. It also sounds as though you are the right friend to maybe help raise the pup and exercise her, if you are willing, and if she maybe compensates you a bit in some way.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos