Puppy

Everything happens for a reason

I had Sammy in 2003 when he was 6 1/2 weeks old. I gave him my full attention for two years.... til we went and got Max in 2005. Then Max became my "problem child"... Later, Sammy would have knee (both) issues and really couldn't take him out for long walks. Max became my traveling buddy, my walking buddy.... trying to tired him out.... Max became the alpha dog.... would literally push Sammy out of the way to get to me first. Sometimes would knock Sammy down. I would get so mad at Max for doing that.... Sammy started to know better, just hang back. Max would greet me at the door first. He would greet me in the bathroom. Max was in my life in everyway. Had Max for 9 years, til December 11th....

For the past two weeks, Sammy has been poking his nose at me.... I have been trying to figure out what is it he wants... So today, I go in the living room and just play tug-n-war with him.... Realized that we haven't done that in a LONG time.... cuz whenever we play.... Max would interfer and take over... Now, Sammy lays in my office.... something he couldn't do before because Max was there....

We have a little Chihuahua/Miniature Dachshund mix, abt 2 years old, got him in the summer. While Sammy and I played today, he just sat there and watched.

Sammy is now 11 years old, going to be 12 in July. I think it's time to give him the attention he wants, yes?

I truely believe everything happens for a reason....
    Sammy (5 Jul 2003 - present) Labrador Retriever - Black
    Seven - Gotcha (Jun 2014 - present) Chihuahua/Miniature Dachshund mix
    Rainbow Bridge: Max (23 Mar 2005 - 11 Dec 2014) Labrador Retriever - Yellow

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nan For This Useful Post:

katALlabs (12-28-2014)

Best Friend Retriever SoapySophie's Avatar
    Abso-freakin-lutely. So sorry for your loss...but it's Sammy's time to have quality time with you.

Quote Originally Posted by SoapySophie View Post
    Abso-freakin-lutely. So sorry for your loss...but it's Sammy's time to have quality time with you.
    Amen!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Oh I am sorry for your loss. Spend as much time as you can with Sammy

It's never too late. You and Sammy enjoy every minute.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos