Maverick's First Christmas

I just had my first Christmas! Mommy said that Santa gave me a free pass this year because I'm less than a year old. She said that if I'm naughty next year he won't bring me stuff. That will make me sad, but I don't know if I can control myself for a whole year waiting for Santa to come back.

Mommy said that I did great with our tree. Normally I love to eat trees (I don't understand why Mommy gets upset when I bring her branches off of the Araborvitae in the front yard) but I didn't eat this one. Mommy sprayed some stuff on the floor that smelled AND tasted icky so that I'd leave it alone. Hopefully she doesn't do it next year.

Mommy and Daddy gave me lots of stuff this year. I got bones, squeakies, stuffies, and chewies! My favorite present (the one Mommy said was from Santa) was all of the people that came to my house! I saw big people and little people and old people and young people! I was good and I didn't even jump! Mommy said I was such a good boy. Actually, she said that a lot! AND everyone gave me food. Not the yummy human food....well, at least not a lot. Most people gave me the doggy food that Mommy had out to play BINGO with. Why would she use food to play BINGO????

And I even got Mommy a present! Daddy paid for it, but I picked it out. Actually, Daddy "wrapped" it too. Mommy says he's not very good at wrapping. I don't see a reason for wrapping. I just want to eat paper. But I picked out a pretty necklace with a lab on it! Daddy says it's not me because it has black stones on it, but I think it looks like me and so does Mommy.

Then, Mommy made me treats using her new stand mixer! This is the BEST holiday ever! I love Christmas! Now about that snow thing....

Awwww, Merry Christmas Maverick, what a fun day for you! I think mom and dad need to cut you a bit of slack for next year too! Just remind them that Labs take a while to grow up, it worked for Maxx!

PS - mom's necklace sounds fabulous!
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

Awwwe what a lovely Christmas. Good job on not eating the tree.

Maverick, have to say it too - Good Boy! You'll learn that Christmas is very special and you'll get lots of goodies. Sounds like you picked out the perfect gift for Mommy. Bet what they love the most is having you as part of the family. Oh, and no barking at Santa.

Hi Maverick, Mocha here.

This was my second Christmas but my first tree. Mommy and Daddy made me stand and sit and lay by the tree and took lots of pictures. I got lots of presents and treats and people came over and mommy and daddy ate at the big table. I did take napkins from people's laps, but there were right there at my eye level, so surely they meant for me to have them. I don't understand wrapping, either. Mommy would give me a box with paper on it and I would pull it off. Then she told me to drop the paper (which I did). So, what's the point if I can't eat the paper?

So glad to hear you had a good first Christmas. Being good is hard sometimes, but I'm really going to try this year.

I forgot to mention, Mommy also made me a super breakfast on Christmas morning! I got my dog food, an egg, a piece of bread, a little cheese, and some ham. Mommy said it was because she had to work and she felt bad for making me wait to open presents. I think it's just because she loves me <3

Here is the necklace I gave to mommy.

-20141229_163540648_ios-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Meeps83 View Post
    I think it's just because she loves me <3
    I think you're right!!!

That's a beautiful necklace that you gave to your mommy.
    Hidden Content

Ram - Adopted @ 6 y/o - 7/18/2011 - 7/4/2019
    CGN - 6/10/2013

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos