Thread: Benellis diet

Benellis diet

He was still having really loose stools on the diet the vet put him on so I gave in and let his gut rest by giving him the lo residue for 2 weeks. I then started adding Merrick duck wet food. Stools became normal. If I gave him peanut butter in his bone diah again.

So he gets canned pumpkin in his bones. I've been slowly mixing the lo res with Merrick Whole earth farms puppy. He's almost fully on this food now, I mix 1 tbs of wet duck and twice a week a raw egg along with probiotic and his stools are solid.

Question is the fat is kinda low in this food and the adult as well 13 percent. Should I even chance switching him to something else or just add the egg and wet. The food got 4 1/2 stars on food advisor.

I need a food that won't break the bank having 5 dogs and Gauge eats a different food.

My other choice is Taste of the Wild bison and venison but that his higher in protein and fat and am afraid of diah. Totw is 32/18.

I would leave him on what you have him on now rather than trying to switch again. If he is doing good with adding pumpkin, canned and raw eggs, let it be. You can always add and control the amount in fat if the food is working.
    Hidden Content

Tammy
    Maxx and Emma Jean

Ozzy - 10/2002 - 06/2011 - Rest well my sweet boy. You are forever remembered, forever missed, forever in my heart.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxx&Emma For This Useful Post:

sheltieluver (12-30-2014)

Real Retriever
    Leave him be....just add fresh ingredients to it. I'm generally one for rotation, if one is feeding *solely* dry foods; however, you have a sensitive dog plus you're also willing to give fresh ingredients added to it.....which provides great/better benefit then you might think. If he's got good stools, leave well enough alone with the plan you're on.

playing rollercoaster with kibble is a game better left unplayed!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Woofie For This Useful Post:

sheltieluver (12-30-2014)

Thanks! Any suggestions as what to add to add more protein to the food. I will of course do it slowly and one ingredient at a time. Right now he gets Merick duck and a raw egg twice a week. He's been fine with that.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos