Thread: I'm so mad

I'm so mad

I've been at my job for 12 years next month. When I was hired I was told by the office manager doing my paperwork that I would get paid holidays, medical and vacation time. I asked her about the vacation how much do I get she told me that starting I would get a week, after 3 years I would get 2 weeks then at 5 years a day for every year up until 4 weeks. I thought it was crazy but its a small family practice and the last job I worked I didn't get any of that and had to work holidays so I would take it.

I've been there 12 years so I should have 3 weeks and 2 days. I took my 3 weeks this year and thought I had 2 days left but wasn't sure if I used the other two days so I asked my boss. When I got hired she was part owner but didn't work we never saw her. Shes only worked maybe the last 6 years or so. She told me that I used up my 3 weeks and when I said I should have two extra days she told me that 3 weeks was the cut off.

I told her I was told 4 weeks by the office manager when I got hired and shes like I don't know why she told you that. The receptionist I know gets 4 weeks she told me but shes also salary(don't know if that makes a difference) there isn't much I can do because its not written anywhere and the office manager retired and no longer works there.

I'm more mad because I was told one thing and it changed and she does this kind of stuff all the time. I'm lucky to get 3 weeks because its a small business and my husband said that they don't usally give that much vacation time.

just kind of venting.

Kinda got caught in the same situation long ago. When I changed jobs I made it known no weekends (except for unusual situations) and 3 weeks vacation a year and the salary wanted. After the interview I went home thinking no way was I getting that job, and it was so perfect. Got a call back the same day and asked to come back in. Was handed a letter stating I got the job and all the items I wanted. Loved that job, worked hard and was well compensated. Was devastated when they sold out to a hospital corporation. To my surprise, my original letter of employment was honored by the hospital with a few doable changes. Learned, get it in writing.

Sorry you got caught up in this situation.

What Poptop said. A verbal agreement is worth the paper it's written on. Sorry this happened to you.
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

Guess its a lesson learned I'm still thankful I get 3 weeks.

3 weeks is better than no weeks. I am the only employee where I work so I don't get holiday pay, vacation pay, sick pay, health benefits, 401k, nothing.
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos