Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poor Guy

Post Poor Guy

Did anyone else see this article? Poor guy got left behind with his suitcase of stuff...People are horrible sometimes.

Dog Abandoned At Station Along With Belongings
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Best Friend Retriever SoapySophie's Avatar
    Horrible, irresponsible, brain dead...the list goes on. I mean, how hard is it to take an unwanted animal to someone who will try to find them another home? Blows the mind.
    Sophie: Born July 28, 2014
    Hidden Content

That is pretty sorry of that dog owner. He should be punished.

Whoever the owner was went to the trouble of packing a suitcase full of the dogs needs should certainly be able to find a suitable place for the dog. I heard there were many who wanted to adopt the dog.

Horrible. And I agree should be prosecuted.

It's sad, I saw the photo. You know how people come on here looking to find homes for their pets because of financial difficulties or moving or allergies or whatever reason. Maybe this person tried to find a rescue or another home to take this guy and was turned away time and again and ran out of options and time. At least this way, there was media attention paid to the dog and an outpouring of good will and offers to take this pup that maybe the person wasn't able to rally on his/her own. I feel bad if the owner had to resort to this manner of finding a new home for a pup that seems cared about. You don't pack the dog's pillow, bowl and toys if you don't really care about the dog. Yes, it's criminal, but maybe the owner was desperate.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

Mr Kleb (01-07-2015)

There is certainly all of this. Why not expend the effort to find him his next home, drop him at a shelter, a humane society, and so on?

And yet in abandoning Kai in this way a certain kind of gentility, an unkind-kindness, was done. He was warm, he was (relatively) safe, his blankie, pillow, toy, and food were packed. That boy will have no trouble getting to a good home.

Unkind? Yes. Neglectful? Probably. Horrible? Well. . . . this is horrible, and took place in our part of the world. These dogs were apparently simply dumped, outside, in December. Kind and generous people spent time searching for these dogs when they could have been watching football or hockey.

Fortunately for these dogs and for the world there are good-hearted people.
    Andrew, Faye, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, Stella, and now Achilles

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

Unfortunately this stuff is all over the news. This one was local and horrible.

Puppies' deaths led to outrage, demands for answers
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Anonymous

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Halcyon For This Useful Post:

MikeLynn (01-10-2015)

Nice find! Hmmm... I feel a little better about the situation, but only because Kai is going to find a new home.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos