Is This the Same Dog ?

Some of you may recall in my last post about my 4 1/2 month puppy named Rosie that she has so much energy that she never stops moving. Well this proud momma is so happy that with in the last 8 days she is showing signs of learning how to relax and just chew on her bone or play with her Kong. I'm slowly being able to go on the computer while she lies down. As a matter of fact right now she is lying on the couch soaking up the sun and sound asleep. Usually I would have to put her in her crate to get her to chill out for a bit.

We still have a ways to go since she is still a pup but it's nice knowing that she can relax without having to crate her.

I'm sure this won't be my last post about her craziness since there are things we are still working on ( pulling on leash, off, long stay, no jumping and being able to put her harness on w/o her going crazy).

Thank you for all the input.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rochie427 For This Useful Post:

Dallas dawg (01-10-2015), Jollymolly (01-10-2015), kelsyg (01-10-2015)

So glad for you. I think about 5 months is when I noticed Mocha was beginning to come out of the spawn of satan phase.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CraftHer For This Useful Post:

rochie427 (01-08-2015)

Glad for both of you. Each phase of their lives brings new challenges.

Real Retriever
    Congratulations! Phases come and go as they 'mature'. Sunshine was between 1 1/2 and 2 years old before she settled down. What a monster! Now, at 3, she is such a pleasure.

Now is the time to start working on fun games to keep Rosie busy on her own. If she starts to get a little antsy, have her find something for you. Then have her find something else. You can keep working while keeping her occupied. Even tie toys together! I found a piece of stiff, yellow nylon 1/2" rope 15' long at the beach one year and brought it home. I would take a minute to tie half hitches around several toys in a line then just toss it to her. She was happy as a clam at high tide RUNNING with it and tugging until she got each one 'free'. Then she would 'fight' with the rope until she got bored and brought it back to me. At this 'beginning to be calm stage' they still might need some activity! Keep working with Rosie that you "Are working" and she needs to keep herself occupied.

Sunshine FINALLY got that when I am on the computer "I am working." I get stared at for a few minutes, then the BIG SIGH as she lays on my feet or hops up on the couch. If she hops on the couch, I not only get the big sigh, but the grunt as she settles in. THEN, you have to avoid the big, sad 'Ol root beer eyes with the "you don't love me anymore" look. AVOID looking at Rosie if she learns this! If you do look, she will learn the end of tail wag, "pleeeeeaase???" pathetic look. At that point she will have you right where she wants you. You will feel like such a monster for not playing 'for just a minute' with this poor, neglected, pathetic creature. Before you know it you are outside, throwing stuff or going for a walk in the woods thinking 'What just happened?"

7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Woodrow_Woodchuck For This Useful Post:

kelsyg (01-10-2015), Meeps83 (01-09-2015), Moby and Barley's Mom (01-13-2015), Murphy030813 (01-10-2015), rochie427 (01-08-2015), sheltieluver (01-11-2015), SoapySophie (01-11-2015)

Oh how nice to read.

I am so, so happy to hear that!!! I was very optimistic that Rosie would get there and she did. YAY! On to the next developmental stage!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to happy_blackbird For This Useful Post:

rochie427 (01-11-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos