Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Speaking of spoiled!!!

Bruce just turned 10 months. He's an amazing dog, very smart, very eager to please. His one vice. Getting on the couch. Been doing it since he was about 5 months old. I've tried and tried, but he just won't stay off. I gave up months ago, but DW has continued the fight, at least until yesterday.

I think Bruce has won the war!

I think maybe he's pretty comfy there!

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Bamps (01-20-2015), ChoppersDad (01-20-2015), Dallas dawg (01-22-2015), Jollymolly (01-21-2015), POPTOP (01-21-2015), Snowshoe (01-31-2015), twocrazylabs (02-17-2015), voodoo (01-31-2015)

Give in! One of my favorite moments of the day is when we're winding down on the couch, and Thor jumps up and flops down with his head on my lap. He'll give a big sigh then doze off while I scratch his head and ears.

(However, if he's asked to get off the couch he better do it!)

Ooh, I must be a meanie! Opie's not allowed on the couch or the chihuahuas either. (They do have their own little beds in here and Opies is right next to my spot)

Quote Originally Posted by Bamps View Post
    Ooh, I must be a meanie! Opie's not allowed on the couch or the chihuahuas either. (They do have their own little beds in here and Opies is right next to my spot)
    We've never let any of the dogs on the furniture. You can see Bruce's bed on the floor in the first pic, so it's not like we are making them lay on a bed of nails!! For whatever reason, he just loves that spot. He will get off when told, but 30 seconds later, he's right back up. We did it about 50 times one day. I finally said screw it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Jollymolly (01-21-2015)

Yah! Give him what he wants... Bruce is beautiful!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ChoppersDad For This Useful Post:

Jagersmom (02-15-2015)

I said no to the furniture. My son and husband did not share this rule. Needless to say, Macy is on the couch. (And bed). I didn't stand a chance.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Macy For This Useful Post:

Jollymolly (01-21-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    I said no to the furniture. My son and husband did not share this rule. Needless to say, Macy is on the couch. (And bed). I didn't stand a chance.
    LOL... I love it!

Best Friend Retriever Gibbysmom's Avatar
    Its a hard fight to fight thats for sure. They are just so cute and look so comfy when they are stretched out on the couch with their head on a pillow. I have given up with Gibson, he is my first dog that has been allowed on the couch. He just wore me down.

Oh they do now how to pull on or heart strings don't they.

Yes its a very hard fight when not everyone in the family is on board. My idea is no sleepinng on the bed, coouches my daughters idea is come on hurry while shes not looking LOL.

Potion, Melody, and Bandit all had their favorite spots on the couch. I never invited them up but if they wanted to, the couch covers came out. Neither Mardi or Archie have ever made an attempt. For Mardi, that's a good thing with her bum back end. Archie has crawled up in DH's lap for only for a few minutes. In other words, it's their choice.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos