A couple of Wylie Pics

Yesterday after a long frisbee and obedience session, I got some pics of Wylie in the yard.

Hidden Content

Andy
    Hidden Content
    Wylie 2/20/13

Rainbow Bridge Maya 2003-2013

Senior Dog
    Handsome Guy. Thanks for sharing! What type of obedience class does Wylie take?

KAZ

Senior Dog
    Great pictures

Great pics of a great pup - Wylie's a handsome lad
    Hidden Content
    Lynn 5/17/1999 - 7/23/2013
    You shall never be forgotten, my friend

Mel *6/14/2013
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

He looks happy to be home!

Wylie is taking a beginner's obedience Class at the moment, to brush up on stuff that wasn't covered in a class that was a waste of time when I first got him as a puppy. The class he took originally was an Ongoing class, where sometimes we were the only dog in class and the teacher went on vacation two of the weeks, so we didn't learn anything new, just went over what we did in class before she left on vacation. They didn't even work on stay or anything with the other dogs present.

I trained Wylie mostly myself the first couple of weeks I had him, so he got moved up from puppy to the next level after the first class last summer. He's smart and picked up quickly. He needs to learn to stay with other dogs present and as a distraction, so taking him to a different place where I took my last two dogs. I should have went there in the first place, but the place I took agility classes with Maya my last lab, I thought I'd try for Obedience. Big Mistake. They are great for Agility, just not a good experience for Obedience.

In the class now, they will have you put the dogs in a row and make them stay and walk to the other side of the room and they should stay, even if another dog gets up. Then they have them in a down stay and have you leave the room into a smaller room connected to the training room and the teacher watches while we stay in the other room out of their site. Wylie is doing really well with the stay, Heeling, and I can even throw a ball or toy and he will not leave a stay. I just want to be sure he knows with other dogs around to stay. He needs to just brush up on the training, which he totally loves. I also have to get some answers and how to stop some problem behaviors, like jumping up on people's laps and some of his barking. Which we are working on now. I'm only taking this one class and then getting him in an agility class as soon as he is 18months old.
    Hidden Content

Andy
    Hidden Content
    Wylie 2/20/13

Rainbow Bridge Maya 2003-2013

he's so handsome

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos