wool dryer balls

Does anyone use wool dryer balls??

Awhile back I looked at how to make them myself, but never did.
    Since it's winter, and we wear much bulker clothing, and I seem to wash more smaller loads of laundry I have been annoyed at the amount of dryer sheets we go through.
    I really wish there was something you could do with the darn things, I'm all into repurposing, but no such luck with dryer sheets.

Anyways, just wondering if you like wool dryer balls?
    Do they live up to all the hype??? Shorter drying times? Less static?
    and if you use essential oils on them, does your laundry smell good, or overpowering?
    Because I'm sure the DH who is a mechanic at a highway dept with 55 guys doesn't want to smell like a bouquet of flowers when he goes to work.

I made my own but they came apart in the dryer. I think my mistake was they were from wool from a sweater I had already shrunk the living daylights out of for a sewn mitten project. If you make them I think you need fresh wool, then you shrink them and the shrinking is what holds them together. Since mine fell apart I don't use any.

I have found that using just a half of a dryer sheet is plenty. Sure saves money. I've learned what loads need a full sheet to prevent static. Towels come out great with only a half sheet.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos