Just Have To Say It Makes My Day!

Most would definitely frown on my dogs' behavior(s)! However, I have not expected my dogs to be anything but a source of friendship, laughter/enjoyment, sometimes frustration, and the best form of companionship. I work in adult corrections and needless to say it is a very stressful career. Every day I come home to two verrrrrrrrry excited labs: a jumping and frenzied 15 month old Murphey and a wiggling and smiling nearing 11 year old Baylee. I can't get in my door without being jumped all over, swatted, licked to death and practically knocked down. Yes most folks would deem this horrible behavior and training. I however, find that this is the bright spot in my day- coming home to this much love and jubilance!!! It is a major pick me up. Obviously small children, elderly and frail folks should not enter my home, but honestly; I would not have it any other way!!!! I could go on and on about the "horrible behaviors and things that they do"- but I won't! I love them for who they are--- my best friends and my dogs-- definitely not perfect, but perfect to me!!!!! I would also add that if you aren't frail and fragile then be prepared to leave my home with a couple minor bruises-- Murphey loves to launch himself on your lap when sitting on the couch ( last weigh in around 75 lbs) and absolutely plan on taking home multiple black and cream colored lab hairs... I noticed the sleeve of my fleece coat today when I was in a store-- darn thing looked like it was lab mohair- again just made me smile!!!! I recently read an article on the 20 Essential Facts Dog Lovers Must Always Remember... A must read.. link posted below.. it's so true!!!!! And warms my heart even more when I look into those beautiful canine eyes of my 2 loves.. and remember my past 4 legged best friends that have passed over the rainbow bridge way before I wanted them too!!!

Here are 20 essential facts dog lovers must always remember. The last one made me cry so much.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TooLabs For This Useful Post:

Dallas dawg (01-28-2015), Jollymolly (01-28-2015), Snowshoe (01-29-2015), ZoeysMommy (01-28-2015)

Nothing makes me happier than coming home to 4 very excited dogs. I feel loved and wanted. No matter how bad my day was, its all gone the moment I see them.

I don't care about my rambunctious dogs either, I enjoy the kisses and excitement. I always sit on the couch right next to front door and let them attack me

Nothing is better than opening that door and being greeted with such joy.

Senior Dog
    Amen!

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos