Oban Growled, Lunged and Snapped

He did, and I let him. Lucy kitten has started this weird thing where she grabs his tail and bites it and bites his legs and back while Oban is fixated on me getting his supper ready. I don't think he can even feel it but he has turned around and looked at her a couple of times. Tonight she was bugging him and he told her off, as she richly deserved. Silly little kitten, not so little really, she's 10 months old now, we'll see how long the lesson lasts. Lucy needs to smarten up.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

Bamps (02-02-2015), Tanya (02-04-2015)

Poor Oban, I don't blame him!!

Senior Dog
    Labradors are so patient- sometimes TOO patient! But they are good at warning.
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

Even the most patient lab needs to say Back Off sometimes.

The kitten license has been revoked! Labs really are way to tolerant sometimes. Sophie puts up with all kinds of shenanigans with Bruce. Then, when they go outside, she kicks the crap out of him. He's way bigger that she is, but being an adult, she really knows how to use her body to put him on his head pretty much at will. Sometimes I really wish she would tell him off and put him in his place in the house.

I have a ten month old kitten being a real pest lately, too. Is it their age? In fact, I was going to post about it. I can't tell if she is being mean or playing. So far, my dogs haven't gotten mad; they think she is playing. They will give her a smack-down and play with her like they'd play with a small dog. Sometimes it does seem to make her pretty mad. The madder she gets the more excited the dogs get and act like they love it. She's typically pretty gentle and I don't think she pops them with her claws (I trim them weekly anyway). She will launch at them and hold on like she's hugging them while biting their ears, necks, noses, and heads. Sometimes she'll bite at at foot or tail, but that's when they lay her flat with their big paws. I just let them be and I guess they'll work it out? I just can't wait for her to get out of her teenage years!

The kitten license, LOL. I never thought of those words but that's just what it's like. A funny thing yesterday, Momma Cat Lexie was right there and she has leaped in to put herself between any perceived threat and rushed to help her kittens but this time she did nothing. Yes, I let Oban do the training, I was sure he would only run her off but not out and out try to hurt her. I do make sure each critter enjoys their meal in peace. But I have seen Oban share clean up duty with both the kittens.

Labradorks, maybe it's the age. We have the sisters here, Lucy and Derri, and there's a world of difference between them. Derri loves Oban, cuddles, rubs, purrs, snuggles up with him and he seems to like her too. Derri is one of the few cats I can play with, wiggle my fingers where she can't see exactly what's moving and Derri does not use her little hooks. She's very gentle.

Lucy has a lot of energy that needs letting out but a different personality. She swatted at the OH the other day when he went to shoosh her off a piece of furniture. I told him, Play with her, get her running and puffing. I did it and after we played she came to me, got up on my lap, purred, cuddled, kneaded her little paws. Derri comes and says, I love you Mummy, can we play? And Lucy says, If you don't play with me I'll be bad.

Kitty license, LOL. Guess it applies to all fur youngsters. Bet kitty learns pretty fast. Sounds like Mom may be tired of her antics too.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos