Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annoying

Angry Annoying

I went home for lunch to let Oliver out and as I was leaving, a Dachshund mix was in the driveway with no owner around anywhere! I called him to me because I didn't want to run him over. He had on 2 tags...neither one had his information. I figured I would just drive him home on my way out of the neighborhood but couldn't. Why do people even bother with tags if one of them isn't going to have an address or phone number on them? Stupid.
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Best Friend Retriever SoapySophie's Avatar
    Funny you mention tags...I was installing Sophie's rabies tag onto her new collar the other day and noticed that the back of it had an engraved recycling symbol! WTH??! Perfectly good real estate on which one could engrave their phone number, and they felt the need to put a recycling symbol?? Weird. Now we'll have to get a second tag for this info and hear the constant clanging of tags? Not impressed.
    Sophie: Born July 28, 2014
    Hidden Content

3. The Following User Says Thank You to SoapySophie For This Useful Post:

beth101509 (02-03-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by SoapySophie View Post
    Funny you mention tags...I was installing Sophie's rabies tag onto her new collar the other day and noticed that the back of it had an engraved recycling symbol! WTH??! Perfectly good real estate on which one could engrave their phone number, and they felt the need to put a recycling symbol?? Weird. Now we'll have to get a second tag for this info and hear the constant clanging of tags? Not impressed.
    Luna doesn't wear tags but she has an embroidered collar with my phone number on it... LL Bean and Orvis have them for around $20. I love not hearing the clanging and not having to worry about losing tags :-)
    Hidden Content
    Sarah, human
    Luna, born 6/14/13, gotcha 8/18/13 and TDI certified 5/12/2015
    Comet, born 4/3/15, gotcha 6/9/15
    Double Dip, 25 y/o Draft/Welsh pony
    Gracie, 17 y/o DSH cat
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by doubledip1 View Post
    Luna doesn't wear tags but she has an embroidered collar with my phone number on it... LL Bean and Orvis have them for around $20. I love not hearing the clanging and not having to worry about losing tags :-)
    Same here for both Mardi and Archie. I carry rabies/license info in the car and in my purse. Hope he gets reunited with his owners.

I overdo it by having both embroidered collars and a boomerang tag on their collars. The collar has my phone number, the boomerang tag has our address and a second phone number. And the best thing about both of these- no jingle! Boomerang Tags
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

beth101509 (02-03-2015), SoapySophie (02-03-2015), WhoopsaDaisy (02-03-2015)

So you still have him then? Oban's collar has our name, address and phone number. The tags are for rabies and our Township and have only numbers and phone numbers and could be traced but only when the offices are open. I have traced several dogs through their rabies tags.

Here's another WHY? A Husky found a year ago was registered with one of the tag companies through her chip. So she was scanned, found the chip, found the company and the people who owned her had said anyone finding their dog was not allowed to contact them. We could only contact the chip company. Why on earth is that even an option? But it was an option when I chipped the kittens and their mother too; I could say a person finding them was not allowed to phone me. Of course I said they could phone me. I guess it's some stupid privacy law to give the option.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowshoe View Post
    So you still have him then? Oban's collar has our name, address and phone number. The tags are for rabies and our Township and have only numbers and phone numbers and could be traced but only when the offices are open. I have traced several dogs through their rabies tags.

Here's another WHY? A Husky found a year ago was registered with one of the tag companies through her chip. So she was scanned, found the chip, found the company and the people who owned her had said anyone finding their dog was not allowed to contact them. We could only contact the chip company. Why on earth is that even an option? But it was an option when I chipped the kittens and their mother too; I could say a person finding them was not allowed to phone me. Of course I said they could phone me. I guess it's some stupid privacy law to give the option.
    No, I had to go to work. He made his way to the neighbor's house who was in her garage as I drove off. Hopefully she knows who he belonged to.
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

We use Mocha's tags as a homing beacon so we know where he is. He can be pretty sneaky. ☺

Best Friend Retriever SoapySophie's Avatar
    I'm so ordering one of those Boomerang tags!
    Sophie: Born July 28, 2014
    Hidden Content

I love my boomerang tag! Daisy's regular collar tags with rabies and city license info always seem to get ripped off.
    Katie and Aric (7/1/17) Hidden Content
    Whoops-a-Daisy B. 1-26-13 Gotcha 8-25-13
    Jett B 8-17-17, Gotcha 10-7-17

“Once you have had a wonderful dog, a life without one, is a life diminished.”
    Hidden Content (author,Hidden Content )

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos