Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disgusting

Disgusting

I was trying to get ready for work this morning and the dogs wanted out, so I put them out back without me going out too. When I went to call them in I couldn't get Frank to come. I went out to investigate and he was eating a bird. Ewwww! Do you think he could've caught it? Or maybe a cat left the remains in our yard and he found them? So gross! I had to put a grocery bag over my hand and pick up all the scattered parts. I wanted to toss my cookies/cereal!
    Hidden Content
    Sam and Frank

UGH!

Long ago our Dalmatian caught a bird. DD was home and called me at work - What am I supposed to do? Bird had ice on it's wings so obviously he was not healthy.

I've found my dogs eating dead animals in our yard. Chase brought me a rabbit head one day, just the head. I think he dug up a nest of baby mice one time, too. Dead birds, yeah, I've found them in our yard. I think owls, foxes, other animals have dropped things on the way through our yard. Aside from the baby mice or whatever they were, I haven't seen either of mine catch and kill and eat anything. It is a bit revolting to have to clean up, but I've found dead birds when I didn't have dogs, so no reason to think the dogs did the deed when I find one now.
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

Yuck I usally call my neighbor to pick up animal remains.

Poor Frank. Considering he was an underweight rescue, who knows what he may have had to eat to survive before he found his furever home with you. I'm sure after a bit more time he'll know that he doesn't have to eat yucky stuff and he'll have a discerning palate like Sam.
    Hidden Content

Ram - Adopted @ 6 y/o - 7/18/2011 - 7/4/2019
    CGN - 6/10/2013

Luckily Bacon doesnt eat things he finds, he simply runs up with them in his mouth to show me his prize...what a goof! Silly frank, birds arent for eating!
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Sue-Ram View Post
    Poor Frank. Considering he was an underweight rescue, who knows what he may have had to eat to survive before he found his furever home with you. I'm sure after a bit more time he'll know that he doesn't have to eat yucky stuff and he'll have a discerning palate like Sam.
    I was thinking the same thing. It makes me so upset to think of his life before us Poor boy.
    Hidden Content
    Sam and Frank

Senior Dog
    My Baffle used to ambush birds in the bushes out back...mostly sparrows....he was quite the hunter.

Real Retriever
    There are worse things than having them eat dead, nasty things they find... Sunshine is a roller. If there is something dead, nasty and rotting, or a stinky poop in the woods, she will find it and in short order have the side of her head and sides smeared with it. And boy oh boy is she proud and happy when she comes back covered in it!!! More times that I care to remember, she has gotten a 'bath' in a muddy puddle using mud, leaves and rocks to scrub her enough so I can stomach having her in the car for the ride home.

She is a gross, disgusting little creature but for some strange reason I still lover her. It takes a special kind of person to love labs.

Opie would have brought it to me. Just be glad he didn't bring it in the house.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos