Molly tried to give me a heart attack this morning!

Molly was in the kitchen while I was getting ready for work this morning, like she always is. I finish getting ready and walk in to find her chewing on something. I immediately tell her drop it, which she doesn't. So I grab it out of her mouth. It's a sample package of some pills hubby got from the doctor last week. From there I go into panic mode thinking we're going to have to go get her stomach pumped or something. So I start looking at the package that is torn up trying to figure out how many pills were originally in it and how many are left. I run to the bedroom and ask hubby how many he had taken. He said 3, and there were 4 left, out of a 7 pack. Whew! She didn't eat any of them!

So, crisis averted! I then of course fussed at hubby for leaving things on the counter where little miss can reach. Although, I can't say for certain a little black kitty didn't knock them off. I think he does things like that just to get Molly in trouble! That or they work in cahoots! I'm sure after all of this my blood pressure was sky high. These animals are sure keeping me on my toes!

You can give 2 tsp of peroxide to induce vomiting when you have to do something quick. Cassie once scarfed down something she saw on our morning walk and I was so scared because I didn't know what it was - it turned out to be a baggy with a half eaten tuna sandwich that probably fell off the garbage truck! Anyway, the peroxide brought it right up immediately. She has fortunately outgrown that phase.
    Hidden Content

Cornerstone's Lady Cassandra , CGC (Cassie)
    Cornerstone's Lady Rebecca, CGC (Reba)
    Born to love and be loved on July 31, 2010

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kelsyg For This Useful Post:

Kelly524 (05-27-2014), ZRabbits (05-28-2014)

I'll have to remember that. Hopefully this was a lesson learned the hard way for us.

They're so darn quick. Archie will try to get stuff off the counter so all meds and kept in a cabinet.

Senior Dog
    They are so darn quick! So glad crisis was averted!

KAZ

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos