Sophie the trader!

Ok.. Sophie loves to trade up on her toys to get what she wants. She brings a toy of hers and replaces that toy like with things such as the TV remote. Luckily we have caught her before damage occurred.

Now... she will take a bone of hers, bring it to me, leave with me when I am sitting on the couch, walk into the kitchen and looking back at me to see if I am watching. Then when she knows I am watching, she points to the kitchen window (has a shelf under) for her prized chewable bully sticks and looks back to see if I am coming to get the bully. Often, she will walk without a trade up and always turning to see if I am watching, then points to the bullies.. they are always on the shelf.
    So smart.. how did she figured this on her own.. is this a labbie trait?

Thanks,
    Sophie's mom

So smart! Mocha doesn't trade up but when I was in my office the other day, he looked at me and start hopping and turning. "What do you want?" More hopping and turning. "Show me" and I got up. I've never taught him to "show me", but he ran down the hall, stopped to make sure I was following. Ran into the kitchen, stopped to look back at me. Ran to the fridge and looked up at the top and then back at me. There was his bully horn on top of the fridge. "You want your bully horn?" More hopping and turning. I gave him his bully horn and he went back to my office. So smart!

now that is absolutely adorable! what a smart puppy!

o.. that is so smart... I love the labbie things they do!

Sophie's mom

yes.. I forgot to add one memorable trade... My husband told me that he found the shower scrub brush and she was chewing on it in the family room so he went to look in the shower stall and she had laid one of her prized kong toys in there. lolol... she did it a few times after that...

Sophie's mom

Very smart and rather funny

Sophie likes to share - that's a good thing!!! Certainly a Kong toy is as good as a scrub brush!!!

Makes me laugh. How can you be mad with her when she leaves a toy in trade? They are smarter then we can even imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophie's mom View Post
    yes.. I forgot to add one memorable trade... My husband told me that he found the shower scrub brush and she was chewing on it in the family room so he went to look in the shower stall and she had laid one of her prized kong toys in there. lolol... she did it a few times after that...

Sophie's mom
    Now this is hilarious. LOL!

She's very very smart.

Love when they do things like that.
    Hidden Content
    Abby
    ​Decisions, decisions, decisions

Hidden Content

“It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.”

Cheryl Zuccaro

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos