trying to add another food to Benellis mix

I like to feed a variety of different foods. With Gauge I can't because he gets diah for almost every food I've tried him on. I like to feed more than one brand incase like last night they didn't have Benellis food. I looked at all the food and decided to give Earthborn GF a try it had similar protein/fat levels and similar ingrediants as Taste of the Wild. I still have some old food left so I'm going to mix it and if all goes well I'll be adding this food to the rotation. He seems to have really bad gas on the taste of the wild but his stools are normal his coat looks great I'll just have to invest in nose plugs.

Real Retriever
    probiotics can help digestive issues greatly. In general though, if a dog is farting weeks after transitioning to a particular dry food, that food is not agreeing with him. Stools don't mean everything.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Woofie For This Useful Post:

Charlotte K. (02-16-2015)

Agree. Probiotics can work wonders with digestive issues.
    Hidden Content

Just another day at the beach.....

Quote Originally Posted by Woofie View Post
    probiotics can help digestive issues greatly. In general though, if a dog is farting weeks after transitioning to a particular dry food, that food is not agreeing with him. Stools don't mean everything.
    So true. Some years ago I came across a scientific paper by a scientist working for one of the major dog food brands (wish I had bookmarked it). What amazed me was the apparent time, focus, and dollars being spent on trying to create/ensure the perfect poop from their kibbles - the company realizing that poop is a major factor in how a customer judges how well their dog does on a product. The research centered on including certain additives for stool perfection; not on constructing a nutritionally sound food that would naturally lead to good stool health.

So yes, I agree that a dog experiencing lots of continued gas may need a food change and/or probiotics.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos