Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My new friend Hope

I just got my new Lab 5 days ago on Saturday, February 7th in Eatonville WA. Her name is Rocking M's Never Give Up Hope.
    Hope for short. She 6 years old & is a field Lab trained in hunting. She has her Junior title, but I will just keep her as a pet. although I would love to go in the field with her one day & watch her work
    She is lovely don't you think?
    The only thing that bothers me is she gets very clingy & in my face a bit. Any advice? She is very obedient & loves to fetch. she is great with other dogs & people too.
    I'm very lucky to have her
    -rocking-ms-hope-jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alixb For This Useful Post:

Dallas dawg (02-12-2015), lovemylabby (02-13-2015)

Oliver is super clingy so can't really help. I have started to move him away from me or get up and move if he just really pushes himself on me and won't lay down nicely. Yes, Hope is very lovely. Congrats on your new pet!
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

House Broken
    Let her cling now! She is probably still stressed in her new home. I have heard it can take months for them to totally transition to their new home. We have had our Newf rescue for a week today. He is still showing signs of stress. Our other two dogs are showing it too. The push each other to get in line for butt rubs. Their home has been invaded and their routine changed. So far so good that they are all getting along - even the cats!

Congrats on the new addition.

Congratulations. Hope is a lovely girl.

Senior Dog
    Been wondering how that "blind date" went. Good for you and Hope, she hit the jackpot!

Is is she doing ok being inside? Didn't you say she was a kennel girl?

Senior Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by shelly View Post
    Let her cling now! She is probably still stressed in her new home. I have heard it can take months for them to totally transition to their new home. We have had our Newf rescue for a week today. He is still showing signs of stress. Our other two dogs are showing it too. The push each other to get in line for butt rubs. Their home has been invaded and their routine changed. So far so good that they are all getting along - even the cats!
    not to high jack, but good on you for the Newf! Love those big goofs

She is adorable!!! I agree, let her cling, her whole world has completely changed. I think over time she will settle in, but for now, let her be.

Congratulations!
    Hidden Content
    Sam and Frank

She's beautiful. Congratulations! My three year old is pretty clingy, but I just kind of go with it and ignore her sometimes. She has gotten a lot better and doesn't always follow me now, whereas before she was a Velcro dog! Good luck, and have fun.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos