Apparently Jules WILL return home...

So I'm trying to think of all the "funny" stories Jules has contributed to. Here's one.

In the past, whenever Jules accidentally sneaked out the door, he ran wild around the neighbors houses while I was chasing him down. Made me look like a total fool several times! All along, I was so afraid of him accidentally getting out because I was so sure he would never return home. I would just imagine him "woooohhoooo!!! FREEEEDOOOOOM!"

So this one time, I was home alone with the baby and I was getting him ready for bedtime. My husband was carrying stuff into his car and left. While bathing the baby I hear barking and I think to myself, "What is it this time Jules? Is there a deer outside?" Paying no attention (because it's nothing out of the norm) I continue with the bath. I'm putting on PJs and rocking my baby to sleep while I hear Jules crying. I'm thinking, "what is his problem tonight?!" Finally I get the kid to bed and go downstairs. Jules is not there. I look all around and Jules is nowhere to be found. I hear crying so I thought, "did he lock himself the laundry room again?" Nope. Not there. I look outside the front door and I see nothing. Now I'm starting to panic thinking that he somehow managed to sneak out of the back yard (I don't even think that's possible!). I hear him crying again. I open the front door, again, and there is Jules begging to come inside. Walks right in. What. The. Heck?!

Apparently, he got out while my husband was loading his car. It was night time and hubby said that he noticed some animal running around the front yard but he thought it was a fox or something (even though Jules is 5 times larger) so he left. So for like, at least, 15 minutes Jules was runny crazy out in the front yard without anyone noticing. I guess the fact that no one was chasing him was that fun so he decided to return. Whew!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to annkie For This Useful Post:

Dallas dawg (02-13-2015), SoapySophie (02-13-2015)

Best Friend Retriever SoapySophie's Avatar
    I dread the day it happens to me. There's a lot of traffic on the road behind us, so I don't want to think about her escaping the backyard by jumping the fence.
    Sophie: Born July 28, 2014
    Hidden Content

When Jules was younger there were at least 2 instances I remember where he ran in the middle of the road because my dad didn't close the door in time. Thankfully it was a small road. I ran after him and literally stopped traffic to catch him.

What a good boy coming home and a stinker for sneaking out. It's scary.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos