It's official. My husband can sleep through anything.

I've posted before about the fact that the louder and more violent the movie, the faster my husband falls asleep. It's just bizarre. But that's at home.

My husband just slept through a David Copperfield show in Las Vegas. Passed out. Good grief.

While I do find it pretty funny, in all seriousness I have this issue too. For years I've complained how tired I am all the time, I fall asleep while driving, to the point where I have to stop, or let my wife drive. I could drink a 12 oz red bull and fall asleep 10 minutes later. I fall asleep sitting on the couch mid day. I was diagnosed with sleep apnea about 5 years ago, use a CPAP machine, which helped with the sleep apnea, but not the daytime sleepiness. I had a sleep study done back in November, and it showed I had a mild form of narcolepsy. I was given a prescription which has helped a lot, plus I cut all caffeine out of my diet, which has also helped.

Your husband may want to talk to his doctor about this. Narcolepsy and other sleep disorders are very much under diagnosed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

Snowshoe (02-25-2015)

Maybe he gets bored. Every year I take my mom on a Christmas Date. We go out and to a movie and to dinner and stuff. She gets to pick, I pay and go along. This year she picked that new movie, "Into The Woods" now had I known it was a musical I would have gone to her second choice, I don't remember what that was but anything was better than into the woods. Anyway, 20 minutes in I was fast asleep. Don't care how loud it was and how much singing. It was just bad, I had other things to do.

Lighter side of the day that really made me laugh was we went to the mall. The Really high end mall in Detroit. We were walking past Louboutin, they had purses in the window. My 85 year old mother says to me in all seriousness, "Oh, wish I would have known we would see purses I would have brought some more cash as I need a new purse." She couldn't figure out why I busted out laughing. So I told her go look at the price tag, I will front you the cash on my credit card if you cut all my sisters out of the will as I will need all the inheritance to pay off the credit card. She looked at the price and then at me, at the price, then at me, walked out of the store and said people really pay that much for that? I said I payed $40, both her and my ticket, for a place to tape a nap a couple hours ago.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (02-25-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    Lighter side of the day that really made me laugh was we went to the mall. The Really high end mall in Detroit. We were walking past Louboutin, they had purses in the window. My 85 year old mother says to me in all seriousness, "Oh, wish I would have known we would see purses I would have brought some more cash as I need a new purse." She couldn't figure out why I busted out laughing. So I told her go look at the price tag, I will front you the cash on my credit card if you cut all my sisters out of the will as I will need all the inheritance to pay off the credit card. She looked at the price and then at me, at the price, then at me, walked out of the store and said people really pay that much for that? I said I payed $40, both her and my ticket, for a place to tape a nap a couple hours ago.
    We were in FL over Thanksgiving and we went to the outlet mall. For a joke, I told both my brothers and my husband that I wanted to go into the Armani Exchange store...let's just say when we walked in and they were in suits and I had a beverage in my hand, I just turned around and walked right back out. We went to some store (can't remember the name of it) in Chicago and a plain white tee shirt was $300. Even if I had the money to buy it, I just couldn't. Why spend that much money on a plain white shirt? Of course, I ruin white in a matter of minutes so there's that.
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Yes, it is sheer boredom. It just amuses me that what others find exciting or scary puts my husband out. Any movie with time travel in it or ancient Rome, no matter how slow the pace and you can't peel him off of it.

So can I. DW put a Breathrite strip on my nose one night and I didn't wake up! I sounded stuffed so she was helping me breath.
    t
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

My husband is the same way, he will just fall asleep if hes uninterested no matter how loud it is or where hes at.

He can also sleep thru me loudly watching tv at night with all 4 dogs moving all over the bed begging for what ever snack im eating. He can sleep thru Zoey and Daisee playing bitey face in bed. There is no waking him up once hes out

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos