Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Really?!

Really?!

What are some things that make you think, "really?!" when it comes to your dog(s)?

For me, it is no matter what Oliver is doing (sleeping, chewing on a peanut butter filled kong, watching tv, etc.) if I get up and he hears me go to the bathroom, he will come running to join me. He has to sit with his head in my lap as I use the restroom. Each time I tell him I can manage just fine on my own but he does not agree with me apparently.
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

2. The Following User Says Thank You to beth101509 For This Useful Post:

Meeps83 (03-04-2015)

Doesn't matter where he is sitting, or what he is doing, if me and DM are watching TV at night, and I get up to do anything, I come back, and he is right there in my spot, STARING AT ME. Not sure if it is him trying to be dominant, but I command him to move before we show him any attention.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GrandeLSM For This Useful Post:

beth101509 (03-04-2015)

For Hemi it is the sniffing in the yard. He can ring his doorbell, look at me like I got to go out now. Or I can be gone for 5 hours and I know he has to go and we go out in the yard and suddenly he forgets what we are out there to do. I must sniff here and there and everywhere. Even in the winter and the yard full of snow and the only tracks out there are his. Must smell my own footsteps and see where I have been. I look at him every time and say Really? We have to do this now?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

beth101509 (03-04-2015)

Posted this a while back about not being able to go to the bathroom alone. https://www.lab-retriever.net/board/f...082-thank.html

Archie does not want anyone going out back without him. He's my constant guardian. And why does he have to smell where he just peed! It's your own dummy.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

beth101509 (03-04-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by POPTOP View Post
    Posted this a while back about not being able to go to the bathroom alone. https://www.lab-retriever.net/board/f...082-thank.html

Archie does not want anyone going out back without him. He's my constant guardian. And why does he have to smell where he just peed! It's your own dummy.
    I read your post and YES!!!! That is exactly what I am talking about! Lol.
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Linus is obsessed with my socks. I have a front load washer and if I leave the door afar, he picks through the dirty clothes and I find all the socks in a pile. Sometimes I'm lazy and put my clean clothes on the bed. He takes the socks. So, sometimes I put them under a pillow or even under the comforter. That just taught him to get on the bed and dig around until he finds a sock. Sometimes, the cat steals my socks as well. She takes them into the back bedroom where the dogs can't go and hoards them. In fact, he is rolling around on the living room floor as I type this, playing with clean socks.

Not only are they obsessed with socks, the two of them are also obsessed with tampons in wrappers. Sometimes I find a pile in the back bedroom (the cat) but Linus steals them from her as well and flings them around the living room. A few weeks ago the cat dumped a whole box of them on the floor while I was out and some ended up in the back bedroom but there were several chewed up, scattered around the living room floor. Wyatt's poop had chewed up plastic applicators in it all week.

Talk about double trouble!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Labradorks For This Useful Post:

beth101509 (03-04-2015)

Best Friend Retriever LucyTudeOn4Feet's Avatar
    Just tonight she pooped right in the street on our walk. I think she's having more than a few "senior moments" lately. I told DH he was going to have to have a talk with her when we got home LOL!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to LucyTudeOn4Feet For This Useful Post:

beth101509 (03-06-2015)

Add me to the Lab parents who can't use the bathroom alone. No matter where he is, or how asleep he seems to be, if I wander toward the bathroom, he's up and following me. In the powder room downstairs, he still squeezes in between the toilet and the wall. That worked OK when he was 3 months old, but now? Not so much...

He's also a sofa hog. Takes up way more than his 1/3 of the space. But if one of us moves, forget about sitting back down in the same spot.

Tucker is also a sock lover. Clean or dirty, he doesn't care. He'll pull them out of a drawer if it's left open, get them out of the laundry basket (note to self... need to put that up higher!), or even out of the dryer while I'm folding clothes.

And he eats EVERYTHING while we're out on walks. I swear, the dog thinks the sidewalk is his personal buffet. I cannot even count the number of times we have to stop so I can pull something out of his mouth. Lovely...

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SnappinSami For This Useful Post:

beth101509 (03-06-2015)

Zoey has to hump me after each meal, maybe she is saying thank you

She does all sorts of weird things, to many to list

17. The Following User Says Thank You to ZoeysMommy For This Useful Post:

beth101509 (03-06-2015)

Quote Originally Posted by ZoeysMommy View Post
    Zoey has to hump me after each meal, maybe she is saying thank you

She does all sorts of weird things, to many to list
    Omg...LOL! She is very appreciative of her meals I guess.
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos