Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Routine?

Routine?

Mocha has a routine. We get up at 6:00am, out to TT & poop, breakfast, kennel, treat and daddy goes to work.
    Crafther took the red eye form CA and I waited for her. Mocha is so confused. His routine is messed up. He just does not know what to do. I put him in his kennel and he laid right down. All is right in his world.
    Do any of your fur kids have a routine?
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

Yep, we have a routine. Cookie knows the exact time when walks and dinner are due, he becomes incredibly annoying.

Sometimes we have to make minor changes in our routine (winter and summer routines are not the same), with no problems.
    Cookie Black Snowflake
    July 12th, 2006. - May 25th, 2023.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

Best Friend Retriever SoapySophie's Avatar
    Absolutely...

545 - get up: take Sophie for potty time
    600 - breakfast
    630 - quick potty outside, then placed in crate
    645 - we leave for work

I go home to take her for potty/exercise at lunchtime, then back into the crate

1645 - home from work: potty and walk/exercise outside
    1700 - dinner time
    1730 - quick potty break, maybe a short walk if the weather's not brutal
    Figure out how to keep her entertained in the house when she's awake...chew some bones, practice catching ball in mouth
    2145 - last potty break before bedtime (crate)
    Sophie: Born July 28, 2014
    Hidden Content

Routines are important for dogs. If DH or I are off by even al little bit, the furkids are certain to remind us. They also try to push mealtimes up, LOL.

Bacon definitely has a routine. My alarm goes off at 6, I shower and get dressed, at 6:30 Bacon goes outside, 6:45 Breakfast, 6:50 Mommy leaves for work, so he goes back into his kennel. At 7:15 Daddy's alarm goes off. Bacon chews from 7:15-7:45 AM, Fetch outside from 7:45-8. Daddy leaves for work at 8AM. Kennel for nappies until Mommy and Daddy get home from work.
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

It's funny but on the weekends he lets us sleep in! He won't make a peep till I wake up. I swear he can hear my eyes open and then he starts whining!
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

5 am husband's alarm goes off: breakfast time while coffee is made.
    5:10-5:30: hop back into bed with me, usually dropping a toy or two on my head.
    5:30: 'help' me make coffee
    5:45-9:00 Nap on dog bed in my office while I work.
    9:00 ish: walkies (this time varies based on my meeting schedule, but at 9:00 he's awake and annoying, expecting those walkies!)
    10:00-3:00 ish: naps on couch or in one of our offices, playing with his toys on his own, etc.
    3:00 : outside in the shop with my husband, usually with a raw bone or treat.
    4:30: a bit of playtime/fetch in the backyard before the best part of the day....
    5:00: dinner!
    Evening usually is a mix of playtime, cuddles on the couch, and playing with the neighborhood kids.
    Around 9 pm we have to keep the bedroom door closed since he'll hop in and hog the bed before we have a chance to get in there too!

No specific potty schedule since we work from home and he has a doggy door to come and go as he pleases. That gets tricky sometimes when we travel!
    Mighty Thor, "So Much Dog", born 1/6/2014
    And baby Barley, born 3/9/2018

Hidden Content

Luna is extremely routine oriented. She's up when DH's alarm goes off, but will sleep in if he's away.
    She knows what time dinner is, but sometimes I work late and DH is out of town so she knows it'll be later when I give her a snack before I leave.

She knows when the mittens go on, it's time to play. She knows when she's going to the dog park, golf course, other park, swimming etc. She also knows when she has a playdate with a friend scheduled.
    Hidden Content
    Sarah, human
    Luna, born 6/14/13, gotcha 8/18/13 and TDI certified 5/12/2015
    Comet, born 4/3/15, gotcha 6/9/15
    Double Dip, 25 y/o Draft/Welsh pony
    Gracie, 17 y/o DSH cat
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

You know, it's funny, I would have said "yes" but the more I think about it, the more I think Archie mimics my schedule.

He stays in bed with me til I get up, no matter what DH is doing (weekdays I get up at 7, weekends anywhere from 8-10). He wants breakfast as soon as he's up, then follows me around with mopey eyes until he figures out if it's a workday or not. He seems to spend the morning watching me and hoping it's a weekend lol.

He doesn't bug for dinner either. One time I forgot until 9 pm, he didn't seem to care. Now you guys have got me thinking...
    Laura, Archie & Quinn
    Hidden Content

House Broken
    Definitely! If I am running late for work in the morning Gibbs our Lab will come into the bathroom to remind me that I am late with his before I leave for work snack.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos