Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Males want to ''do it'' with my baby girl!

I don't understand. Latte is only 13 weeks old. She has met 3 male dogs so far, a 4 year old, 6 month old and an 8 year old boys. The 6 month old and 8 year old one wanted to do it with my little girl!! When she met the 4 year old one, she was 10 weeks old. He didn't want it. Is it about Latte's age? I am astonished. Isn't she just a baby for them? Is it going to be like this till my girl is spayed? By the way the dogs are not neutered but she is just a baby, right?!

Older dogs hump puppies, regardless of the puppy's sex! Just tell the owners of the other dogs that you are bothered by the behaviour, if you are. As she grows she will learn to tell them to cut it off.
    Cookie Black Snowflake
    July 12th, 2006. - May 25th, 2023.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Berna For This Useful Post:

sipsi (03-08-2015)

Sure I am. I am baby sitting one of the dogs for a couple of days so I am the one to stop him. Annoying.

Oh, I see. Be patient and good luck!
    Cookie Black Snowflake
    July 12th, 2006. - May 25th, 2023.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Berna For This Useful Post:

sipsi (03-08-2015)

It's more play, excitement, etc. At that young age, they know they can hump, but are not sure why. It's annoying, but it's not sexual.

I just keep a collar and lead on the offending puppy and when it starts, you can say something like, "uh oh" and pull him off to a time-out. Eventually he will learn that humping means no fun. He'll get it.
    Last edited by Labradorks; 03-08-2015 at 02:39 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Labradorks For This Useful Post:

sipsi (03-08-2015)

That's incredibly bad luck to have met three males who will hump. It has nothing to do with sex when your wee girl is so young. They are just really, really rude dogs. Any dog might hump, male, female, intact or neutered. Any dog might be the humpee too. It might be a dominance move, it might even just be those dogs' idea of fun, fun for them. Even when Latte is past puberty she won't be attractive sexually to a male unless she is in heat.

Unless, unless maybe Latte has a urinary tract infection going on? Or yeasty ears? Those can make her attractive to other dogs.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

Annette47 (03-08-2015), sipsi (03-08-2015)

It may well continue after your girl is spayed as well. My daughter's spayed female tries to hump my 8 year old neutered male. Humping can occur for reasons other than sexual excitement, as others have said. I don't know when or if you're planning to get your own girl spayed but at some point, if she goes into heat, it will be more of an issue and then you'll really have to be on guard around adult un-neutered males.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

sipsi (03-08-2015)

Thank you so much for the opinions. And Snowshoe, thank you for mentioning additional possibilities. I'll have her checked.

Quote Originally Posted by smartrock View Post
    It may well continue after your girl is spayed as well. My daughter's spayed female tries to hump my 8 year old neutered male. Humping can occur for reasons other than sexual excitement, as others have said. I don't know when or if you're planning to get your own girl spayed but at some point, if she goes into heat, it will be more of an issue and then you'll really have to be on guard around adult un-neutered males.
    I will get her spayed for sure. I just don't know if it will be before or after first heat. When she is in heat I won't let any males come near her.

By the way, what do you people think about the spaying time?

Even when you are dealing with grown dogs, male or female, most of the time humping has nothing to do with sex and more about excitement and ranking all the dogs in some sort of order.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JenC For This Useful Post:

sipsi (03-08-2015), Tanya (03-08-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos