Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

My massive pity party

I just had a massive pity party. Now I'm all red faced and blotchy but I feel a little better. I don't like to get that way but I guess sometimes it's good to let it out. Many of you know I have Parkinson's disease. I try not to dwell on it and just live my life. Mostly, all is good. I've been getting Botox treatments for some abnormal posturing in my hand and leg. The shots hurt like heck but they seem to help. Well I had my Botox treatments on Monday and the injections my doctor put in my arm to help with my hand seem to have had to opposite effect. Hence the pity party. Today I can't move my ring finger and its pulling down towards my palm. I tried to get in touch with my doctor. They're a big practice and its not easy outside of appointments to talk to her. They have this stupid patient portal thing we're supposed to use to send emails but I keep getting an error message so I guess I have to wait until tomorrow and call her. I have no idea how I'm going to work/type when I can't move my finger. Botox is temporary so my guess is this will wear off. I just don't know how long that will take or if there's anything she can do to make it go away faster. Thanks for listening everybody. I'll try to be done feeling sorry for myself now!
    Hidden Content
    Sam and Frank

I'm sorry you are having to go through this. It's not fair, it stinks.

Botox eh? A friend has been told he has atypical Parkinsons and the usual meds will not help him. But I wonder if Botox would? And another friend who is waiting to hear if her dizziness is indeed Parkinsons. Her Doctors think it is but her symptoms are, so far, only dizziness when she is ice skating. She can walk, drive the car, everything else is as it was.

Botox is like a miracle aid for so many things. Another lady I know gets injections for her severe migraines. It helps, but she wishes the injection sites used for migraines were the same ones as for wrinkles so she could get rid of them too. Are your fingers wrinkled? Did it plump them up? Hope you liked the little joke. Stay strong, but have a cry too, once in a while.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

Georgia (03-08-2015)

I'm sorry to read this. Really hope the Dr can help.

I'm sorry the Botox didn't work out. Crying can actually be good for you. Purges the system. I'm glad you feel better and hope they can figure it out.

So sorry you are going through this. We all need to have a pity party once in a while to relieve the tension.

Hugs and prayers being sent. Hope you get in touch with the doctor tomorrow.

A pity party with a good ugly cry can be quite cleansing. I hope your Dr can help you tomorrow.

Best Friend Retriever
    I agree with everybody above.....I think a good cry once in awhile can be very cleansing. I'm sorry you have to deal with that in your life, but I sure admire your positive attitude, and your determination to live the best life you can live! Hugs!

So sorry to hear about the Parkinson's. I know they are doing some amazing things with Botox. Best wishes to you.

Sending good thoughts
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

The quote in the above post fits perfectly.

Sorry your having a tough spot. I mean it to sound temporary as we always need to have hope the magic cure is around the corner.

Keep your chin up!
    -- Ken, owned by:

Max - Black Lab mix gotcha 4/23/2012 Born 12/2011
    Scarlett - Yellow Lab gotcha 4/19/2013 Born 2008? 2007?
    Lizzy - Terrier mix gotcha 6/29/2014 Born 2006?
    Zeus - Papillon mix gotcha 1/30/2015 Born 3/26/2014

Avatar: Ziggy, my kitty who crossed the bridge a few years ago.
    He slept in the sink for years, silly boy.
    Hidden Content

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos