Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bathroom Remodel On A Roll

Doing the bathroom remodel with DH's crazy work schedule and another course he is taking is challenging.

The floor is out, tiles off the wall behind the tub. Got the wallpaper border off and sanding down the walls. The new vanity is being delivered today. New tub and surround being installed next Thursday.

Have almost everything I need. Waiting on the tub install to pick the faucets for the vanity. Waiting to see the exact vanity color, which is a medium grey, to pick wall color which will be a very light grey. Waiting on both of those to pick floor color. Have searched out all the products and am ready to order or pick up as soon as I see how they look against the vanity.

The vanity does not have a back splash so we are putting in wainscoting, in white, all around which will extend above the back of the vanity at just the right height to be the back splash. Found a shower curtain and towels I like but still looking for a scatter rug for the floor.

Right now we have taped up heavy plastic over the raw wall behind the tub so we can take showers. Oh, we were going to take that wall out but after taking down the tile, discovered it is in great shape, cement board, what DH was going to put in so that didn't need to be replaced.

Had to laugh at DH's schedule for next week. Tuesday - prep the wall behind the tub, Wednesday - break up and remove the tub - Thursday - sit on my a$$ while the tub is being installed.

The most important time frame is, how long do you have to keep your legs crossed? But I don't see a new toilet in there.

You are lucky the cement board is ok. I swear, that was the worst part, cutting that board. It's hard and brittle and the smell while it's being cut is unbelievable. Your DH is going to be busy. Bet you are cooking extra nice things that he likes.

Oh yes, the toilet is being replaced too. So far there is a place to take a shower and pee. We have a small bathroom off our room so won't be doing without a toilet. It's the length of time without a shower that's worrying me. Hopefully no longer than 2 days.

I think the sequence is going to go: Take out the toilet and vanity, paint the ceiling and walls, install the floor, put in the wainscoting, new toilet, new vanity. All this happens after the tub and surround go in. May have to shower in one room and use the sink in another but at least we can keep clean.

I hate the mess of remodeling. Every room in the house gets messed up when we re-do anything!
    hope it all goes according to Hoyle.
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

Fran, if you need a shower, take the dogs outside, hook up the hose and spray first, lather, rinse and repeat. You have the dogs are there to guard the neighbors from laughing too loud!!
    Hidden Content

CRACKER-My Heart Dog FOREVER 6/10/2005-7/9/2011

Mike and Gabe--GOTCHA 7/25/2011

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blackboy98 For This Useful Post:

Jollymolly (03-13-2015), POPTOP (03-13-2015)

Best Friend Retriever xracer4844's Avatar
    Going through the same thing right now...

We have been renovating our whole house. Three bathrooms. Ripped out the whole kitchen. All the flooring in the whole house. Took down two ceilings. Took down walls.

It has been a month.

Quote Originally Posted by xracer4844 View Post
    Going through the same thing right now...

We have been renovating our whole house. Three bathrooms. Ripped out the whole kitchen. All the flooring in the whole house. Took down two ceilings. Took down walls.

It has been a month.
    YIKES! We did the kitchen last year. Bathroom this year. Next up is the basement redo.

Vanity came and I love it! I usually like to put my hands on an item like this before buying but did it on line. So relieved it's all I hoped it would be.

Lots of work I hope you will share some pics of the finnished bathroom.

I'm impressed! When I read things like this I remind myself that I'm good at other things . . .

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos