Thread: Andy Loves Oban

Andy Loves Oban

Andy is one of the former feral cats. We've had him two years now so he is three years old, about. Andy is the biggest scaredy cat there ever was. Really, he's the biggest cat in the house but he retreated and cowered when 7 week old Derri kitten breached the sanctity of his room/my office and took over his bed. Andy is a big chicken. He was spending some time down in the living room with us but we haven't seen him there since Momma Lexie cat and the kittens moved in last April.

Till a week ago. For his ortho rehab Oban is restricted from our stairs. The stairs are all gated off and Oban is stuck in the kitchen, living and dining rooms. Andy is coming down to get his Oban hugs and kisses and sloppy ear washes. Only when Lexie and the kittens are still incarcerated in their basement laundry room, which is every morning. Still, it's amazing the bond between these two. After a month of no Oban Andy finally made a move to go see him. And now Andy is spending time in the living room again. All because he loves to be with Oban.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

barry581 (03-20-2015)

How sweet. I'm hoping that Duchess (our cat) and Mocha will learn to be friends.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to CraftHer For This Useful Post:

Meeps83 (03-20-2015)

Duchess was lounging on the bed this morning. Mocha sidled over to say hello. They touched noses and Mocha gave her a big old sloppy kiss! It was a special moment. Hope this is a sign of Duchess accepting Mocha & Mocha beginning to settle down & not treat her so rough. He doesn't mean to be rough he just don't know how to play gentle. The big lovable lug!
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

6. The Following User Says Thank You to sparky For This Useful Post:

Jollymolly (03-19-2015)

The bond between cats and dogs can be awesome. Our kitties join us on our morning walks and ambush Buddy when chasing his ball. Once Oban gets healthy again, Andy's got s great big brother protector!

That is so sweet.

Ah, sweet Andy needed to be with Oban. He's one smart kitty knowing that Momma cat would not be nice if he approached the kittens.

That is so sweet wish mine would love on each other instead of chase each other.

New best friends.
    Andrew, Faye, Fitzi, and Lucy

Not gone, only gone on ahead - Bruno, Rex, BoJo, Kendal, Kingsley, Moonpie, Avis, Corndog, Stella, and now Achilles

I invite you to visit my blog, Hidden Content .

I think Andy and Oban were friends when Andy was still feral out in the backyard. I saw them at the back one day and Andy was rubbing up against Oban. We know Andy spent a lot of time in the very back of our yard. It's very weird. Andy was the most skittish of that batch of three kittens. The first two and the mother warmed up to the lady down the street and basically just walked in to her house and settled down but Andy had to be trapped.

Well there you go, Duchess and Mocha are starting to be friends already.

It is really special to see such inter-species bonds. And it's the second set for us. Itty Bitty Kitty was destined for life as a barn cat after we trapped and spayed her but she developed a strong attraction and bond with Jet so we kept her. And Bitty eventually expanded her affection to include me. Actually it's only the second set if I only count feral cats. Several others have loved whatever dog we had at the time.

I was hoping that Maverick would be great friends with our cats but it hasn't happened. Oreo is not a fan of dogs (he growls and spits) and Gizzmo was a stray so he's leery. Hopefully they can come to a respectable closeness since I don't think they will be like Andy and Oban. How special that they are so close!

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos