Thread: Trophy Dyne

Trophy Dyne

I pick up Nala (8 wk blonde lab) this weekend.

Just wondering if anyone has any info on this product. I was thinking about purchasing but thought I'd ask first.
    I understand puppy/dog's nutrition should come primarily from food however the reviews I have read on this seem to be really positive. I will be feeding her Taste of the Wild and will be training/excercising Nala regularly.

Thanks in advance.

I would keep your pup on whatever the breeder was feeding for a few months. You're breeder should have recommendations. Being away from her littermates and mom and getting into a new environment is a lot of stress on a pup. Keeping her on the same food for a while is one less stress.

Just saw this is your first post. Hello and Welcome! Looking forward to pictures.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Nancy0 (03-20-2015)

Thanks for the feedback! Yes, excited to be part of the community. Will post pics very soon.

Amazon.com : Dyne, High calorie supplement, 32 ounce : Horse Nutritional Supplements And Remedies : Pet Supplies

Is this what you are asking about? If so, I thought puppies didn't need supplements. I could be wrong.
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Real Retriever
    If this pup's from a *reputable* breeder, I would feed what the breeder is feeding for at least 3-6mnths; beginning of life and transitioning are hard enough.

If this pup is an adoption or from an accidental litter, I would NOT be feeding a grain-free food to a puppy. If I recall correctly, Taste of the Wild is grain-free.

I would personally feed Fromm's Puppy Gold - pink bag, the one WITH grains.

I definitely would NOT be adding any supplements to a growing pup's diet, you could cause too rapid of growth which is very detrimental to any dog from birth to 2yrs of age.

Real Retriever
    Also, if the supplement you're thinking of is the one linked on Beth's response, it contains Propylene Glycol - isn't that related to antifreeze? ....States it shouldn't be given to cats/kittens, anything that's not safe for ALL animals is NOT going into my animal of any kind!

Stand corrected - just researched a bit, ethylene glycol is the one in antifreeze; but I still wouldn't feel comfortable. There are other ways of giving B-complex vitamins, which is basically what this is; you do NOT want to be adding extra Vit A, etc on top of a good diet while the pup is growing.

Senior Dog
    Sunnie's puppies didn't much care for being weaned and Sunnie was in a hurry to be free of them. I supplemented the reluctant eaters with a bit of this stuff...they loved it. I didn't give much but it seemed to whet their appetites for real food. I'd recommend it if you need it for some reason. Normally, puppies don't need encouragement to eat and good food contains all they need.

I've recommended this product in instances where older dogs experience loss of interest in food due to disease, medication, etc.

Real Retriever
    Sundance - so you're saying this is actually a good product? Never heard of it before.

I stand corrected.

i wouldn't supplement a puppy unless it was recommended by the vet for health issues.

I would also keep the puppy on th same food as the breeder. if you really hate the food in question you can just do it for 2-3 weeks then switch over slowly. An extra 2 weeks won't make a big different on the life of the puppy but can make the transition period much easier. it's the food the mom ate while she created the little puppies and what they ate until they left the breeder.

(and it's yellow lab even if they are a very light yellow!)

There's really no reason to use this product on a puppy. Feed a good food and usually that's enough.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos