Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What's the most you've ever won?

I won $50 when I was in high school. I'm not a gambler but I'm currently playing the Monopoly game at a local grocery store and after stocking up on sardines, tuna and salmon for my dogs for a year (that's a lot of food, each one wins four playing pieces and a game ticket), I'm pretty convinced that this was, um, not quite what I hoped it would be. I've won about $20 in cash and a bunch of pretty good coupons as well as a ton of extra tickets but I'm looking at an insane number of playing pieces and nothing significant.

You?

When I was 22 I went to Vegas for the first time and learned how to play blackjack on one hour flight down. I ended up winning about $5,000. Paid for the trip (obviously) and then paid off my car. That was the only time I ever played. Then, on my 25th birthday I went to Las Vegas again and won $900 on a slot machine. It was a Saturday night and the money lady (don't know what they are called!) took forever to come and cash me out. When she did, she left my credits in the machine (or I did, I don't know -- I had no idea what I was doing!). Well, we had reservations for dinner and so I decided to hurry through the credits. I kept winning a little here and there and then doubled my bet and what do you know... I won $1,800 about ten minutes later.

When I was about 28 I won a raffle at a charity event for an all expense paid trip for two to Ireland. I'd only bought one $10 ticket.

Let's see... Recently I won a membership to a professional group and saved the company $400. Then, at the same event, I won a $100 gift certificate at a nice restaurant, which I gave to my sister as a wedding present. Turns out the restaurant where the gift certificate was to was where they had their first date. I got serious brownie points for that.

I suppose I've been pretty lucky!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Labradorks For This Useful Post:

janedoe (03-23-2015)

Nice! Good for you!

Senior Dog
    I've never won anything unless you count a couple of $1 or $2 lottery tickets (bought when the pay-out was going to be ridiculously high).

I used to think I was "life" lucky but I'm not even too sure of that anymore.

I did find a $10 bill on the sidewalk once...let's count that.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SunDance For This Useful Post:

janedoe (03-23-2015)

I think I won a pair of tickets to see some Spanish guitar group from a local NPR station but aside from that and a few free small fries in the McDonald's Monopoly game, nothing comes to mind. When the Powerball or MegaMillions jackpot is super high I usually buy a few tickets but have never even had 2 correct numbers on a single ticket. Never been to Vegas or Atlantic City, don't buy enough to increase my odds of winning when a purchase is required, don't want my name on any more email lists when the store receipt says if I answer a few questions about my shopping experience I'll be eligible to win $1000. I'll go with SunDance on the "life lucky" concept.
    Sue

Chase 9/29/2006- 6/30/2017 Always in our hearts
    Lark 12/25/2012- 2/2/22
    Henry 7/14/18
    Joey 5/14/2022

“Because of the dog's joyfulness, our own is increased. It is no small gift. It is not the least reason why we should honor as well as love the dog of our own life, and the dog down the street, and all the dogs not yet born. What would the world be like without music or rivers or the green and tender grass? What would this world be like without dogs?”

Mary Oliver, Hidden Content

8. The Following User Says Thank You to smartrock For This Useful Post:

janedoe (03-23-2015)

I think the most I ever won was actually kind of a lucky thing. One year a long time ago I went out Christmas shopping. I didn't have much about $300 for my entire family, mom, sisters, nieces and nephews. It was a really rough year that year. Anyway, I managed to get something for everyone for about $293. I took the other $7 and bought lottery tickets for myself. I won $500.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

janedoe (03-23-2015)

A month's supply of free ice cream sundaes. It was the best.
    Hidden Content
    Sarah, human
    Luna, born 6/14/13, gotcha 8/18/13 and TDI certified 5/12/2015
    Comet, born 4/3/15, gotcha 6/9/15
    Double Dip, 25 y/o Draft/Welsh pony
    Gracie, 17 y/o DSH cat
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to doubledip1 For This Useful Post:

barry581 (03-23-2015), janedoe (03-23-2015), xracer4844 (03-24-2015)

Years ago I worked with a guy who played the scratch off tickets daily. He hounded me for months to play. I never saw him win anything. One I said ok and bought 3 tickets. The first one won me $10.00, the second one nothing, the third one was a $50.00 winner. He lost his mind! I told him I figured this was probably my queue to stop!
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

14. The Following User Says Thank You to sparky For This Useful Post:

janedoe (03-23-2015)

Been pretty lucky winner raffles at the yearly lab rescue event. Heck, I buy $20 in tickets and put them all in the 8 or so raffle buckets on the first raffle of the day and have come home with some nice prizes, probably worth about the $20 I spent. That's OK, the money goes to a good cause.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

janedoe (03-23-2015)

Most I ever won was R3000 about the same in dollars back in the day I only had R5 left put it on 0 on the roulette table and hit 3 times in a row. Never gambled again

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Jollymolly For This Useful Post:

janedoe (03-23-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos