Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If I see one more tick...

I think I might scream! We only went on a short walk around the neighbourhood last night. When we got home, I did the normal tick check and didn't feel anything. Watching tv about an hour later Archie and I are playing fetch in the house, and I feel a lump on his ear. DARN!

Try to wrangle the wild beast who is in full play mode, finally pull the bugger off, run around in the house with a tick in my hand looking for a lighter, finally plop it in a glass and fill it with lysol. Check Archie's ear to see if there's any swelling, and there's ANOTHER tick on there. Resume freaking out and pull that one off, into the lysol it goes. He gets another thorough check, no more ticks.

Half hour later I go to move my hair, funny, don't remember having a mole there. IT"S A TICK ON MY NECK!!! Pull that one out, plop it in the lysol, and pour myself a very strong drink. I'm having visions of ticks right now. Enough already!

How's everyone else faring this year?
    Laura, Archie & Quinn
    Hidden Content

I hate ticks!!!! We havent had any since our first engorged one of the year. We are being extremely thorough checking bacon. The true test will be on our camping trip in a few weeks. I have a feeling we will have quite a few then!!
    Julie & Jake, Bacon's Humans

Instagram: @mrbaconthelab

Born: 9/02/13

Gotcha: 11/08/13

Hidden Content

In memory of Lily 1/1995 - 2/2/2012

Hidden Content

I've pulled three off of Coal in the last two weeks. Been thoroughly disgusted every time.
    Hidden Content
    Coal 3/1/13
    Aria 6/1/14

Yep, it is a pretty bad year for ticks.

House Broken
    I just read something about removing ticks. Soak a cottonball in Dawn dishwashing detergent and apply it to the tick. The tick is supposed to release itself. Haven't tried it but it's worth a shot!

I think I've found more on me than on Molly. So far only one has been attached to her and one attached to me. But I've pulled at least 4 off of myself just crawling. I also found one on the bathroom floor yesterday morning that looked like he had himself a nice meal. Not sure which of us that came off of. I know hubby has pulled several off of himself. But he works in HVAC, so he's outside most of the day.

Senior Dog
    No attached ones (yet) but plenty of ones that were crawling on me or Kimber. Shudder.
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

Ah, so dislike them. Luckily we don't have a problem in the areas we've been to so far.

yuck yuck yuck! was so hoping that the payback for the brutal winter we had would be less of the nasties, nope, not happening.

We live in a HORRIBLE area for ticks. JUST HORRIBLE. I pick off no less than 10 a day off Huckleberry. (NOT EXAGGERATING) I usually get them off me before they attach but I have gotten off numerous on myself as well. I use Frontline on him and I check him several times a day but ticks are just a major part of life in my neck of the woods. sigh.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos