Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rats!

Rats!

Not the brightest crayon in the box today. Started painting the bathroom, ceiling white, walls very light grey. I had left the can of grey in the bathroom after doing some trim work. DH came in later and did the ceiling for me. What I did not realize is that he moved the grey paint to the other room and left the white in the bathroom. First thing this morning I wanted to get the trim done and the first coat of grey on the walls. Yep, you guessed it, I started trimming the walls with the white. Hey, it was still kinda dark out and the grey is very light in color. Was so dang mad at myself, had a third of the walls trimmed before I realized. Of course, then I had to let it dry completely before I could start all over again.

This evening I finally got it right, and have the first coat of grey done.

Maybe I should take of coffee drinking if I'm going to paint early in the morning.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Bamps (03-28-2015), barry581 (03-27-2015), Jollymolly (03-28-2015)

Or read the color label on the can!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to barry581 For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (03-28-2015)

No, no, that was a primer coat!

That would be my story and I would stick to it.
    -- Ken, owned by:

Max - Black Lab mix gotcha 4/23/2012 Born 12/2011
    Scarlett - Yellow Lab gotcha 4/19/2013 Born 2008? 2007?
    Lizzy - Terrier mix gotcha 6/29/2014 Born 2006?
    Zeus - Papillon mix gotcha 1/30/2015 Born 3/26/2014

Avatar: Ziggy, my kitty who crossed the bridge a few years ago.
    He slept in the sink for years, silly boy.
    Hidden Content

I'm color impaired and probably wouldn't have even noticed at all until someone pointed it out. LOL, i would have doy-doy'd right on through the entire can.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bamps For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (03-28-2015)

LOL

Darn paint, it never looks the same wet as dry and rarely matches the chip colour exactly either.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (03-28-2015)

coppercleaner
    I have noticed on HGTV that grey is now the new go-to neutral. Where everyone used to automatically reach for taupe, now grey has replaced it. I love the shades of grey.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to coppercleaner For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (03-28-2015)

A true D'ho moment! Had many of those moments myself!
    Hidden Content
    Mocha:Born 7/13/14 Gottcha 9/13/14 Latte: Born 7/15/16 Gottcha 9/9/16
    Labs- "Hearts of gold, heads of stone, cast iron stomachs"

13. The Following User Says Thank You to sparky For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (03-28-2015)

oh don't give my subconcious bad ideas! i just finished the back hall bath, and am now starting on the main bath (currently a very dark burgundy) and my little ensuite (currently a very dark plum with gold wash over it-not nearly as hideous as it sounds honest!), and they're both going to be the much lighter "spa" shades, one violet, the other periwinkle. but the paint cans are the same... and the colours are quite similar.... plus of course the primer for covering the dark and oil-based paint, and the white for the trim, and the flat white for the ceilings..... i foresee a potential mixup happening!

Quote Originally Posted by Scoutpout View Post
    oh don't give my subconcious bad ideas! i just finished the back hall bath, and am now starting on the main bath (currently a very dark burgundy) and my little ensuite (currently a very dark plum with gold wash over it-not nearly as hideous as it sounds honest!), and they're both going to be the much lighter "spa" shades, one violet, the other periwinkle. but the paint cans are the same... and the colours are quite similar.... plus of course the primer for covering the dark and oil-based paint, and the white for the trim, and the flat white for the ceilings..... i foresee a potential mixup happening!
    Oh, dear, sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.

Got out the Sharpie and marked each can on the top and side; i.e. bathroom ceiling, bathroom walls. Not going through that again. The color label on the top of the can is not much help as it is a mixed color and the color has a name like Marquee. Plus it's such a light grey, the little dot of paint put on the top kinda looks like white.

Paining is done, yeah! DH finished the ceiling this afternoon (Thanks DH, I hate doing ceilings) while DD and I went to a craft show. The new sconces are up and look terrific. The right flooring came in so that's the next step. DH also completely unboxed the vanity and I love it. There's still a way to go but color on the walls sure makes it look like progress is being made. Next step floor, then wainscoting, toilet, vanity and its plumbing, then little stuff like towel rods, etc.

DH wanted to take out the toilet today. Ah, NO! The only other toilet is in the bathroom off the bedroom and he sleeps during the day. Not going to even try to hold it all day long.

wow progress! in another thread i describe the disaster about to befall me...

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos