Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

If you know someone lost their dog, their best canine friend, don't dismiss their sorrow.

I am going to say this, I am grieving for Ti-Loup; I have never felt this way in my whole life. Loosing her has been the most horrible experience and I am not sure how I am going to get over this.

My twin came back from vacation today so I asked her to call me so that I could give her the news. Let me say that last year, I was there for her when she had to put her dog down. I sat on the floor in the vets office and cried with her. Now on the phone today with everything I am going through, the cancer, the loss of my best friend, she just brushed it off and in not so many words just said "you did the right thing".

I am hurting her, she didn't even bother to asked what happened, Loup wasn't even sick, it was completely unexpected.

I am not sure what I expected from her, just thought I would get a little more sympathy.

I got more support from my cousin who actually said, "If you need more help, go to your doctor who can at least give you some numbing drugs".

So sorry your sister showed so little sympathy. That really hurts.

You know we know how you feel and cry and grieve with you. Having lost Potion, Melody and Bandit in about 10 years I can appreciate how hard it is. The only advice I can give is give it time and let the sweet memories help you through. Be sure to tell your doctor about her passing. You need to be in the best possible mental position to fight the cancer.

Sending more hugs.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

girlw2browndogs (03-28-2015), ronmcq (03-29-2015)

Senior Dog
    I had a friend who, when told about Kimber's spinal injury and our worries about it, said, "You know she's just a dog, right?"

Notice I "had" that friend. No more.

Im sorry your sister let you down. hugs.
    Stormageddon, Princess of Darkness, aka "Stormy"
    Birthday 9-13-18, Gotcha Day 11-11-18
    Hidden Content

Miss Kimber, CGC, 6/15/2005-1/27/2018 forever in our hearts

We all react in different ways in these situations. Your sister may still be hurting from the loss of her dog, making it hard for her to face you losing TiLoup.

I've been though what you are going though to many times over the last 30 years. Rest assured, it doesn't getting any easier, if anything it's a bit harder with the loss of each one. Each loss rips a new piece of your heart, and it hurts. Loving these dogs for the short time they are with us, and knowing the love the give us back, more than makes up for the hurt we feel at their passing. There is nothing in this world I would trade for the times I've known with all my dogs.

Mourn your girls passing, but know the time you had with her was the best thing that ever happened to both of you. She would not have been TiLoup had you not loved her and cared for her while she lived. She will always live on in that special place in your heart.

There are owners of dogs then there's people like us who consider our dogs family members and will do anything within our power to keep them just as healthy as you and I.
    That why we all know how you feel when you say your greeving. 2010 - 2011 was a bad year for me as I lost three dogs with in a 13 month time period and just last Thursday I lost Zoe to lymphoscarcoma. i still morn each and every one of them esp. Zoe right now I still call her name every now and then accidentally to go outside or for dinner only to realize she isn't here. When that happens I usually stop and say a little payer for her. It usually helps me get through the moment.
    At the Bridge
    Pinks - Black Lab/Mix - Got ya 12/30/10 - 5/12/23
    Maddie - Chessie - 3/6/10 - 6/25/22
    Purps (Pinks sister) - Black Lab/mix -(Back with us 1/1/18) 12/30/10 - 4/7/21
    Gracie - Yellow Lab - 10/23/05 - 9/6/18
    Nozomi (Zoe) - BC/Lab - Got ya 9/5/09 - 3/19/15
    Abbey - Yellow Lab - Got ya - 5/8/09 - 4/22/11
    Cheanna - Black Lab/Mix - Got ya 5/99 - 9/21/10
    Buddy (Bubba) - Black Lab/Mix - Got ya 11/2/02 - 3/28/10
    Amber - Yellow Lab/Dobi - Got ya 8/1989 - 5/15/01

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to katALlabs For This Useful Post:

barry581 (03-28-2015), ronmcq (03-29-2015)

I promise you with time it does become tolerable. It doesnt seem like that right now but the good memories will all come rushing back and you will finally smile thru your tears.

Im sorry your sister let you down.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ZoeysMommy For This Useful Post:

ronmcq (03-29-2015)

Best Friend Retriever
    I'm so sorry.....

Quote Originally Posted by katALlabs View Post
    There are owners of dogs then there's people like us who consider our dogs family members and will do anything within our power to keep them just as healthy as you and I.
    This.
    Cookie Black Snowflake
    July 12th, 2006. - May 25th, 2023.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content | Hidden Content

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Berna For This Useful Post:

katALlabs (03-29-2015), ronmcq (03-29-2015)

Her reaction is disappointing, to say the least. We understand your pain.

We don't know your pain but have felt it and understand it. After losing Murphy last month my wife sent this to help me, hopefully it will for you too. My eyes still tear up just thinking about him. Stay strong.
    -grief-jpg

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ronmcq For This Useful Post:

girlw2browndogs (03-31-2015), sipsi (03-29-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos