Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Dog

So.....Plants.....Missing Package..NEVER MIND....I AM STUPID

I'm expecting a package containing 4 Swamp Azaleas. Tracking site says Out for Delivery.

My delivery comes and goes....I don't see the truck till it's on its way off our street.

No package.

I call Post Office and am told, "oh, sometimes the scan happens later than when the driver leaves...it says Out for Delivery but really means next business day". I'm skeptical because I've never had Out for Delivery mean anything but the day it shows up like that.

About 15 minutes later...just for laughs....I go back to the PO site that I've left up on a tab and.....Lo and Behold....it shows Delivered. Delivered earlier than when my delivery was made. I recheck our porch, next to the driveway....Bob checked the fronts of both of our not-at-home neighbors.....no package.

I call PO again. Apparently the guy I spoke to the first time (this time, too) realized that something was wrong and had been checking and....it sounded like...trying to get ahold of the delivery person.

So now I'm wondering who will get to plant my Swamp Azaleas.

Grrrr.........

When I went to the link this morning, I saw where it hadn't left the sorting facility till last night...and was scheduled to be delivered today. Huh?

Background: I had another package's link in my inbox, too....for something I was concerned about only if it was going to be a hot day. It was scheduled to be delivered yesterday....a cool day....and it was. What I inadvertently did was tab the link from that package, thinking I had opened my mail with the link for the azaleas. I was looking at the wrong link.....and the tracking history was long enough for the site of origin to be cut off at the bottom of my monitor...so I didn't see the clue of a different State.

And I knew that I wanted to get those azaleas out of their box as soon as possible....so I was concerned.

Needless to say, I emailed the nursery right away....and called the PO at 7 this morning to apologize. Luckily I spoke with someone who seemed very good-natured and said he'd pass along the apology to the folks involved. He knew exactly which package I was talking about .

I know I had a distraction yesterday morning and I'd love to blame it totally on that (I've always had what I think of now as a "touch of ADD" because my focusing ability has never been as good as I'd like it to be).....but somehow I just can't bring myself to feel anything other than stupid.
    Last edited by SunDance; 05-30-2014 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Red

And we wonder why the post office is in such trouble.

I have had instances where my postman forgets he had something and will come back later, but NOT if it is already showing as delivered. That's just wrong.

Senior Dog
    They're closed now and I never heard back.

I'm hoping it got put on the wrong truck and that carrier thought he/she'd keep our carrier out of trouble for not delivering by the scheduled date by scanning it as delivered. I'd rather think it never left the PO hands. I've had misdelivered packages never get turned in by the "recipients" and so....I mean, what kind of person keeps a package clearly not meant for them??? Anyway....hope to get a good answer....better yet, my package...tomorrow.

Frustrating.

Love azaleas. There were so many in Savannah. They don't last winters here.

Senior Dog
    Quote Originally Posted by POPTOP View Post
    Frustrating.

Love azaleas. There were so many in Savannah. They don't last winters here.
    I got really excited when I learned about these particular ones....I have an area in the back that stays pretty wet (as well as a spot fairly close to the house).

That orange one I showed in janedoe's thread is the only one so far that I've been able to keep alive and flowering on our property. I have high hopes for this type. If I get them.

The nursery already said they'd replace if the package is truly lost....and the guy said he'd use FedEx this time. Apparently, FedEx and UPS are much higher for lightweight packages than USPS is....for good reason, seems like. At least I know he has four more...or, at least it sounds as if he thinks he does. One way or another I should be able to add them to the yard. Eventually....

Oh no. I had an issue with FedEx on the day that UPS also delivered so now we have a running joke that the UPS guy sabotaged him by moving the FedEx package. I eventually found it off to the side of the driveway that night.

I hope they find it or the recipient brings it to you.

Senior Dog
    Gee, sounds like our mail service. Hope you track down your azaleas. If not, glad to hear you will get replacements. And they will go fedex or UPS, where you will definitely get what you ordered.

KAZ

Glad you found out where they went and get them ok today.

Best one I ever seen was something being sent to me from California to Michigan. It was late and I went to look up the tracking information, big bold red letters somewhere in Iowa Delayed, Train Derailment.

This caused me to raise an eyebrow. My package arrived unharmed a few days later but still.

Okay first I was mad at the PO, now I am just excited for you! LOL! Please post some pictures for us when you get them planted!
    Charlie and Burton

And the PO wonders why they are going broke?
    When we moved into our new house the ground was frozen and I could not get the mail box set right away. Thanks to some good nature d neighbors we found out our mail was being left in an abandoned mail box 1000 feet from our house. Kind of community mail boxes. No door on the mail box, no numbers. When we went to the PO they told us we would have to fill out a change of address form! I said from what? The old abandoned mail box 1000 feet from our house to our real address! She said yes. We told her to forget it and got a UPS store mail box.

Hope you get your plants. I wish we could grow azaleas! We are too far north.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos