The Irritation Continues

A while back I started this thread: https://www.lab-retriever.net/board/t...ghlight=credit

Well, it just slammed me in the face again and I am livid.

We refinanced a couple of years ago. All the paperwork done, checked all names, personal information, etc., and of course the statements come to the house with DH's name listed first. Got under my skin. Until today I have never tried to get info on the account on line. So, I go through the motions, sign up, get crazy passwords, etc. Finally, I'm in and go to the section to select what info I would like to review. Click on the section and up pops a message, in bold red letters, that I am not eligible to review the info because I am not the "primary" on the account. WHAT THE HE!!

Called and thankfully had a very patient representative. While continually telling her that I was NOT projecting at her, I vented. How dare they exclude me from information about an account that both DH and I have worked so hard to establish. What's really silly is that through a phone tree and from the rep, I could get the information I wanted, I just was not allowed to see it in statement form.

It took years after DD's father passed to establish my own credit and references in the financial community.

The Old Boy Network is still out there, alive and kicking.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to POPTOP For This Useful Post:

Bamps (04-04-2015), Gibbysmom (04-05-2015), Nancy0 (04-04-2015), Scoutpout (04-06-2015)

I'd have been tempted to write this in big, bold, capital, red letters and risked breaking the keyboard while doing it. And sent it to the company. And considered moving my money somewhere else if I could. You should at least send a letter to the company. Coming first hand from a customer it will have far more impact than if that patient rep. relays it herself. You could mention how patient she was if you wanted.

YES, a letter is being written!

They also don't consider an account as "our account" instead of my account. DW handed me the phone when she called for something and they wouldn't talk to her, sitting right next to me she just handed to phone. After a series of stupid questions they figured out it was me and I told them to talk to her. I would assume that after over 40 yrs I can start MAYBE to trust her with a little info.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bamps For This Useful Post:

Charlotte K. (04-04-2015)

Check your paperwork for a section that asks who may make decisions on a joint account. Lots of times you have a choice of "Either" or "Both" where a signature is needed. I think this is maybe not quite the situation but making sure you have "either" checked might help. We have Either on all our joint accounts. Of course this means I could clear out the account and run away with the milkman if I wanted to. If we had a milkman.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowshoe For This Useful Post:

POPTOP (04-04-2015)

Back when I was training sales people for a very large Harley dealer, one of the first things I noticed was the sales people basically ignoring the female half of about 98% of the couples who came in to the store. I immediately started working on having the them to talk to the ladies, making sure they were included in every conversation. Once the sales people figured out the women controlled about 90% of the buying decision, they were a lot more successful.

I find it really irritating when my wife an I are out, and she pays for something, at the person tries to give me the change. I just give them a look like "seriously"?????

Don't mean to stir things up but I see both sides.

My OH is a free spirit when it comes to shopping. As such her cards are all at their limits. After many battles we decided to split our finances. I trust her with my dogs, life, kids but not my credit.

A month ago our washer went kaput. I went online & ordered a new one from Lowe's, delivered 2 days later. DW says, thanks did not how I was going to afford that. The next week she spent almost the same amount on a Roomba.

So, the point I am making if my DW called one of my credit cards or used one I would be writing a letter equally ticked Off.

Just another viewpoint.
    -- Ken, owned by:

Max - Black Lab mix gotcha 4/23/2012 Born 12/2011
    Scarlett - Yellow Lab gotcha 4/19/2013 Born 2008? 2007?
    Lizzy - Terrier mix gotcha 6/29/2014 Born 2006?
    Zeus - Papillon mix gotcha 1/30/2015 Born 3/26/2014

Avatar: Ziggy, my kitty who crossed the bridge a few years ago.
    He slept in the sink for years, silly boy.
    Hidden Content

If your credit cards are not joint then the company should not talk to your wife. But PopTop is complaining about joint ownership where both she and her spouse are on all the paperwork.

In my work I run into the stupid CYA policy all the time. Lots of times it's official with written rules. I don't know how they manage to do it but identity theft is apparently as easy as calling up a company and asking to have an address changed, then financial statements with account numbers and other things are available to the wrong person. And sometimes cheques, which the bad people cash. I don't know how they cash them but it has been done.

Thus, last year when a client, who was a friend for years and years, called to say the darn Post Office had changed her box number I was not allowed to make the change without her signature. A minor nuisance for her compared to all the addresses she had to change with anyone she did business with.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos