Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Irishwhistler new trainee

Aye Mates,
    This winter has been a tough one on the old Whistler and TEAM TRAD on a number o' different levels, just glad to be back up and at working with retrievers again. So, not having enough irons in the fire, I have taken on the training of an eight month old Labrador pup for gundog training for a client. The pup is a precocious black male Labrador and his registered name is CHURN CREEK'S EL DIABLO NUTMEG REVOLUTION, callname o' "REV". REV is out o' an excellent breeding with the bloodlines being heavy with FT and HT talent on both the sire and dam's sides o' the pedigree.

Introducing CHURN CREEK'S EL DIABLO NUTMEG REVOLUTION. Callname "REV".

REV was entrusted to me on April 1st and will with me until September 30th. Now mind ye for the superstitious among ye, starting up a gundog on April Fools Day might have certain negative implications, not that I take such Blarney seriously. No worries, whilst on our "bolding walk" on April 2nd, REV had his first flush on a woodcock. Some might say a grand omen o' a great gundog to be. Perhhaps. I'll just chalk this first encounter up to a random cosmic clash o' fur meets feathers. None the less, me client was beyond elated when I told him of his pup's meeting with his first timberdoodle.

Now some of ye may be wondering what the other half o' TEAM TRAD thinks about the new kid on the block? First, REV is boarded at the kennel and does not live with us, however, TRAD is a very social and welcoming Lad. TRAD has readily accepted REV and the two have become fast friends during two "bolding walks" where I ran them together. These gatherings will become much less frequent as REV'S training progresses.

REV (left) and TRAD (right) run neck and neck as they tear up the remaining snow cover on the training grounds at QUAIL RIDGE KENNELS. The two Labs are joyous in their unbridled Labrador play.

The next 6 to 8 weeks will see REV engaged daily in obedience training. Truth be told, I am a firm believer that OB is the cornerstone to all advanced training and I waste no time getting started on it. For REV going forward, obedience will just be a constant factor in his life.

NOTE TO SELF; With "EL DIABLO" being part o' his registered name and the somewhat "possessed" appearance REV displays in this photo, let's not skimp on the obedience! LOL.

Truth be told, REV has a full and exciting 6 months ahead of him that will forge him toward the beginnings of his destiny as a wonderful companion gundog. We have much to accomplish, yet I am really more bound by REV'S internal schedule than he is by my desires to move him along. I will monitor him with due care and motivate him accordingly.

As for TEAM TRAD, we are hitting the dog games running. On April 11th, we are entered in the YANKEE WATERFOWLERS SINGLES CHAMPIONSHIPS in the class for dogs up to two years old. On April 25th and 26th, we will head to Long Island for the Long Island Retriever Field Trial Club Double HCR Hunt Test for a try at two legs in the Seasoned Retriever stakes. What's TRAD'S outlook on all the dog games ye ask?

TRAD is ALL SMILES!

Good luck to ye all with ye retrievers in the dog games, and good training to ye. Maybe we'll meet along the hunt test trail.

Faugh a Ballagh,
    Irishwhistler
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to IRISHWISTLER For This Useful Post:

barry581 (04-05-2015), Brutus (04-05-2015), Dallas dawg (04-05-2015), Jeff (04-06-2015), MikeLynn (04-06-2015), SoapySophie (04-05-2015)

Best of luck to you all!

Cute pup. Good luck and really glad to see you back at it

I think REV has lucked out with a fantastic team of trainers, Team TRAD. He's a gorgeous boy but my heart loves TRAD.

Love the photos! Please keep them coming. Glad you're doing better. Hope your energy levels are improving every day.

So happy to see you taking on this new pup!!!! I've enjoyed watching TRAD's progress, and am looking forward to following REV's training!

Handsome boy! Best of luck with training!
    Hidden Content

"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true until the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion." - Anonymous

Senior Dog
    Have fun training that pup

Thank you to all for ye kind comments and ongoing suppprt. REV should come along nicely and forge into a really wonderful companion gundog. Stay tuned, there will be periodic updates coming forth.

Cheers,
    TEAM TRAD
    TEAM TRAD PRO STAFF
    DUBLIN DUCK DYNASTY

Joanie Madden, Mary Bergin, Adrea Coor, and Nuala Kennedy, each an Irish whistle goddess in her own right.

Looking forward to hearing more about him. Also good for you taking on a another. They definitely help keep you young and moving.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos