What a Stupid Thing I Did

I left a re-useable grocery bag that had some car travelling things in it on the floor where the kittens liked the sound it made when they walked on it. And for some reason they liked to curl up on top and sleep on it. So I left it for them. Unfortunately today Lucy was playing in it, got caught in the handle and tore through the living and dining room in terror with a hind leg caught.

Lucy is ok. I found her hiding on top of the hot air duct work in the laundry room. That could have ended really badly. Poor little Lucy is ok, no limping or anything, but she's too upset to eat her supper.

Awww. You meant no harm, letting sleeping kittens lie. Glad all is well.

Best Friend Retriever SoapySophie's Avatar
    Once had a kitty who'd chew on (and swallow the small pieces of) plastic shopping bags. Couldn't leave them laying around at all...though you'd find out quickly enough whenever you did! That sound...lol
    Sophie: Born July 28, 2014
    Hidden Content

Oh no! Don't feel bad. She'll be fine and probably won't play with plastic bags anymore.

I did something similar with a string that I left on the ground while the chickens were out. One managed to tie her legs together but she was still hobbling around in panic. I don't know if a chicken can break a leg but I don't know what I would have done if she had.

Senior Dog
    Chalk it up to never being too old to have a learning experience. We all have them.

Glad Lucy is OK!

I know that sound all too well. One Christmas my cat was "helping" me wrap gifts I had bags all over and he was walking on them and rolling around. He got caught and freaked out and was running all over the house. He ran right out the balcony door and off the 2nd floor balcony of our apartment. Thank god he was ok just a cracked tooth that he needed to be pulled.

Glad shes ok.

Have had an incident like yours long ago when we had kitties. Miss Fortune got the bag caught on her and went crazy.

Lucy was having fun and you saw her joy and wanted to let her play. No harm done.

Quote Originally Posted by POPTOP View Post
    Have had an incident like yours long ago when we had kitties. Miss Fortune got the bag caught on her and went crazy.

Lucy was having fun and you saw her joy and wanted to let her play. No harm done.
    Oh my. Was your kitty so aptly named before or after that incident?

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos