Our Easter Getaway.....

My wife bought us hockey tickets for Christmas and didn't realize that it was on Easter weekend. We made a little mini-vacation out of it.

Friday we went to Aylmer, Quebec and went out for dinner and drinks with a friend and his wife and then back to their house for more drinks. It was strange. The restaurant didn't serve booze but you could bring your own and they would bring you a bucket of ice for your wine or beer. It was great. I wish I would have taken more photo as the hotel was nice and the scenes around the Ottawa River were as well.

Saturday we met my friend and his family again and went and loaded up on cheap beer and went out for lunch. We then headed to the Washington Capitals - Ottawa Senators game. Needless to say the seats were incredible and Ottawa scored 3 quick goals. I am a caps fan. I had my gear on and my wife had an Ottawa shirt on. The hostess gave me a sad look but the Caps came back and tied it up and lost in overtime. It was a lot of fun.

Best seats I have ever sat in.

Thanks Everyone!!

Hidden Content

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post:

barry581 (04-05-2015), Dallas dawg (04-05-2015), POPTOP (04-06-2015), Scoutpout (04-06-2015)

I've never been a hockey fan, but there is nothing more fun that watching live sports in person. Watching on TV just doesn't do it justice!

Senior Dog
    Sweet!

Not a hockey fan either but had the opportunity to go to a game years ago. Wow, that was exciting. One sport much more fun in person than on TV.

Wow! What great seats. Hockey is not my thing, but I am glad you had a great getaway.

I like hockey. Sounds like a blast. Any fights break out while you were watching the game?

There was one good fight in front of the Washington bench. Tom Wilson is pretty good at throwing them. There was almost a fight in the stands. My wife left me alone for five minutes to go to the bathroom and I spilled a beer all over her seat and jacket. So instead of the aisle seat I got to sit beside a little girl who screamed for 60 minutes (she was trying to get on the jumbo tron), on a wet jacket on top of a wet seat. But still loved every second of it.
    Thanks Everyone!!

Hidden Content

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Woody For This Useful Post:

ChoppersDad (04-07-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos