Tick Prevention for Humans

Oliver and I went on a off leash walk in the wooded area and former corn field behind our house. I wish I had taken my phone to get a picture because he always finds the biggest stick he can and carry it with him the whole duration of the walk. I could post pictures of my legs...he likes to walk next to me and sticks me with his stick because he doesn't realize how big it is in comparison to his body or how close he really is to me. ANYWAY....during the walk, I pulled off 3 ticks from me 0 ticks from Oliver. They need to come up with tick and flea prevention for humans....Maybe I will put on a tick collar and use them as ankle bracelets. New fashion trend.
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

I understand. I used to wish I could put amatraz collars on my kids, or Frontline when they went to Scout camp! Have you tried herbal sprays or scary Deet?

Quote Originally Posted by Charlotte K. View Post
    I understand. I used to wish I could put amatraz collars on my kids, or Frontline when they went to Scout camp! Have you tried herbal sprays or scary Deet?
    No. I should get some of that stuff and bathe myself in it before we head out.
    “Don't allow your happiness to be interrupted by overly judgmental people. The problem is not you, because even if you do good all the time, they would still find a way to judge you wrongly.”
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Get something with permethrins in it. I think Cutter has it. Permethrins (made from chrysanthemums) repel ticks.

OFF! does not work.
    Hidden Content
    Abby
    ​Decisions, decisions, decisions

Hidden Content

“It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are.”

Cheryl Zuccaro

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sue For This Useful Post:

beth101509 (04-09-2015), Charlotte K. (04-09-2015)

Insect Shield - Permethrin, Tick Protection, Insect Repellent Apparel, Work Wear Clothing, Safety Work Wear, Safety Coveralls, Work Safety Clothing, Mosquito Repellent Clothing, Insect Repellent Clothing

Insect Shield clothing. I have several shirts, Hemi has bandana, mosquitos and ticks don't like it. Clothing treatment that's into th cloth permanent. You need full outfit though I found. Like if you have just a shirt they will still go on legs or bare arms. Hemi wearing bandana they go after his butt and belly.

Mosquito tick repellent I use for Hemi I also put on myself. Vetri repel is a great product from VetriSCIENCE Laboratories

I prefer the wipes to the spray so I can get on Hemi nose and ears and spray would go into his eyes. My vet turned me on to it. You can get from Amazon too

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff For This Useful Post:

beth101509 (04-09-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos