Foster pup update

The boys are getting big I have a 2 day break as they went and got neutered today. Ill get them back tomorrow. Since I last wrote things have gotten better. Vito is learning to respect my dogs and he is now starting to play nicely with them. I've also been working with each one individually leaving one home and bringing them to work one at a time.

They are still very scared of people but as long as people dont run up and grab at them they aren't lunging and barking anymore. I have people who want to see them sit on the floor I tell them don't touch the puppy let him sniff you I act like its the best thing he's ever done when they sniff. I will give the people treats to then give them then eventually let them pet them under the neck. I explain that they are rescues and were feral puppies so it takes them a while to trust people.

Maybe there is a reason they ended up with me. I know many behaviorist and trainers that I often ask for advice. I can take them to work to socialize with other dogs and people and my trainer has let me sit in on a puppy class with them and not charge me for the classes.

I will update pictures of them all tonight. Just wanted to let everyone know how they are doing. I think now also they have a routine and know what's expected. They know sit, down, wait, waiting at doors, look at me, and walking on a loose leash, Capone is good at healing vito we are still working on. I'm also working on thier reactions to other dogs. We've been going to pet stores and for walks in the neighborhood.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sheltieluver For This Useful Post:

Charlotte K. (04-09-2015), MikeLynn (04-09-2015), POPTOP (04-09-2015), SoapySophie (04-09-2015)

Congrats! Glad you are making progress with your foster pup.

Sounds like they are responding very well to your positive training. It's so nice that they can come to work with you and be welcomed in a gentle fashion to get them used to people. Thanks so much for all you are doing.

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos