Doggie Boot Camp

Yesterday I took Rosie for our first ever Doggie Boot Camp. The trainer that we used runs this every Sunday from April thru early Fall. While it's technically free, she does ask for a donation ($10 per dog and handler) and the class lasts for 1 1/2 hours. Not a bad deal!!!!

There were 20 plus dogs there of all sizes and age. If your dog was aggressive she made the owner put a yellow ribbon on their collar so you would know not to have your dog go near that dog. It was evident that most of the owners there have worked with their dogs in some capacity and were there to refine their skills. Others had little to no control over their dogs.

What we worked on yesterday was walking our dogs in the heel position and having the dog sit when we stopped. I was so proud of Rosie that she heeled by my side and sat when I stopped. I was even prouder of her in the fact that she wasn't distracted by all the dogs and to be honest I wasn't sure how she would react. This was the first time she has been around a lot of dogs. Her doggie etiquette was great. She did not try to jump on anyone when they said hello, just a lot of sniffing of other dogs LOL.

I would probably say that the small breed dogs had the most issues with walking on a leash in the heel position.

All in all it was a great day and Rosie made some more friends.

I will definitely do it again!!!

-10410484_10203871192809472_6066217512954153398_n-1-jpg

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rochie427 For This Useful Post:

beth101509 (04-13-2015), happy_blackbird (04-14-2015)

Yay, Rosie!!! What a great idea!!! That sounds like such a positive experience all the way around!
    Hidden Content
    The Belly Monster!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to happy_blackbird For This Useful Post:

rochie427 (04-14-2015)

Not a Member of the Labrador Retriever Chat Forums Yet?
Register for Free and Share Your Labrador Retriever Photos